Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Uranium Bull Market

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I couldn't buy it on Degiro or IBKR, I think the issue on IBKR is that you need to fill out a form or answer a few questions, which I can't be bothered doing as I hold the individual companies instead.

URNM is often highlighted as the pick of the ETFs in that space, but nothing wrong with URA either!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That investor quiz on Degiro takes about 30 secs and is a one-off, it shouldn't be affecting your investment decisions...

Degiro don't carry it, or at least didn't when I was doing my buying. IBKR is a bit more involved and requires you to fib about your wealth and status as an investor. Retail investors aren't allowed buy the ETFs mentioned.

I have my own basket of stocks based on long hours of reading and talking to people in the sector. Might still make a balls of it but that's the chance I'm willing to take.

Apologies for lack of updates on this. Still haven't sold a share yet as I'm eyeing a late 2023/early 2024 timeframe for the fun to happen.

Long story short, I'm still monitoring news and sentiment and I'm taking the ups and mainly downs in the sector on the chin as I still have faith in the overall thesis.

I'd still be investing monthly if it wasn't for me shifting all free finances into the house. The cost of living increases haven't helped in terms of spare cash knocking about either.

One thing that has me a bit green about the gills is the fear that an incident in Ukraine might tank the entire nuclear sector over night. Whether deliberate or accidental. Probably my natural paranoia talking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭kellyj77

Exciting times now after an excellent month or so. A lot of positive news about. Thoughts?

Have to admit I continue accumulating through much of the lows but stopped early this year (along with purchases of all assets) as still not sure what way general markets are going. Did hold all though and happy I did

• Advertisement

My Sprott is getting spicy, currently up 30%. Lithium miners paid for my new house but Im thinking now I might have missed the same returns here judging by the way the actual miners are going. Might start building a few positions anyway better late than never.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Think its still early. Biggest gains made buying in 2020 (I was late to that) but as spot rises the miners being leveraged to spot will rise over the next few years and there are still 2 to 5x and even 10x available.

Probably best to barbell it with spot, one big boy, one or two med size and a few shitco explorers. CCJ, PDN and maybe DYL are one of each. Plenty of lifestyle companies though (cough Bannerman cough) but there should be a few moonshots in there.

There have been a number of positive catalysts but the one I am waiting for is ze Germans flipping on the switches: then the party gets going.

New ATHs every week now, my modest investments here mostly in Sprott just kept chugging along and now make up a significant % of my PF, great tip thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

Any thoughts on Geiger Counter Investment Trust (GCL:LSE)?

Another big jump there today.

• Advertisement

Sorry I haven't been posting as actively of late. Still up to my neck in this and might be even in position to back up a truck in a week or two depending on circumstances.

Let's see how the current pull back plays out.

Advertisement