Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Uranium Bull Market

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭kellyj77

My largest holdings are in dnn/dmn, and uuuu. Also in Cameco, aura (followed RIS on that), deep yellow, fission, nexgen, paladin, baseload.

Probably a couple too many. Was spreading my eggs incase one does go crazy like the last uranium bull run.

And the two I topped up yesterday when markets opened were uuuu and dmn

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Starting to get interesting now, as usual I didnt buy anywhere near enough of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

😁 I know how you feel

I'm considering a bit more, I can't see demand for Uranium dropping any time soon.

Spot soaring to c.60 dollars this evening.crazy. Biden thinking of banning Russian uranium supply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

No ban unfortunately. Bit of a drop today, but overall what a run!

Wild up day yesterday, I'm not sure is it directly related or more coincidental but a hedge fund called Caxton dropped over a quarter billion dollars in to the Sprott Physical Uranium Trust, U.U,U.UN.

Hopefully they won't be the last, and if they get listed on the NYSE it should open the trust to a far larger market than they currently have access to.

Post edited by RainInSummer on

ATH for Sprott again, easy money, great rec thanks.

ATH for my portfolio. Let's hope the miners don't puke it back up into the weekend.

Other than uranium miners I also have some other positions in

ABRA, a silver junior.

PANR, an oil explorer.

SV, a SPAC that will be used to take NuScale public. NuScale being a SMR company. It's a play on small modular nuclear reactors becoming a feature of future carbon free power generation. I know the S word probably isn't the flavour of the month but fingers crossed!

@Thargor Sprott recently achieved enough shareholder votes to allow them to take over management of URNM, the best of the uranium focused ETFs. I don't think they'll be taking the reins for a while yet, but I have a feeling that once they do they'll pitch it to their 250,000 or so high net worth clientele and really open the floodgates on the sector.

They'll then use SPUT to squeeze the physical market and drive the underlying ETF holdings up up and away.

That said I can see a fairly unpleasant correction happening late Q2 so who knows what that will do to levels.

We'll also (hopefully) have SPUT getting it's NY listing, opening it up to a far larger market than it currently has!

Win, lose or draw I think anyone in uranium will look back on 2022 as a wild ride!

Yeah I was thinking any of you who had focused on the producers and suppliers would be doing well after the last few weeks, I just bought a couple of chunks of Sprott every time it dropped, currently up 25% now. What makes you see a drop in Q2 though? There are literally new projects being anounced daily, 8 more in the UK today, Germany will surely beat that any day now and there is a strong chance with each new atrocity of Russian supply being banned.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking more of a wider market drop that will take energy down with it. Oil and uranium will suffer along with the rest, but hopefully rebound violently later this year.

Probably my natural paranoia speaking though rather than any concrete knowledge to be honest.

Re: Germany/UK reactor build outs. I don't think the UK will build eight tbh. They're struggling with Hinckley as it is!

I'd love if the Germans did an about face and went all in, both from an environmental and investing standpoint. I think public opinion is just so strongly against nuclear there though that it would be political suicide to be seen supporting it. I can but dream!

25th of this month for Sprott to take over the running of URNM. Sooner than I thought.

ATH for Sprott again breaking $20, papers filed for NYSE listing aswell. 8.5% inflation in the US might not make for a great time to buy though, the fed will surely have to act now.

Yeah. I can see this being spectacularly unpleasant.

I believe that uranium will decouple from the rest of the commodities markets before the end of the year though.

I'm holding for the next year or two but I wouldn't blame anyone for taking profits at any stage.

Sprott taking over URNM on Monday. Can't see it stopping the epic slide the U space has taken in the past week.

Portfolio down 11% on the button.

Quick edit: Cameco's Q1 conference call is due to take place May 5th. Could be the next big catalyst to take us back up.

Post edited by RainInSummer on

If any one is loitering on the side lines or would like to dip a toe in without reams of DD, there is now an ETF available to buy for us Euro types:

URNU and URNG.

Both the same vehicle, just one in $ and other in €. Haven't looked into the holdings that comprise the ETF, but usual ETF caveats apply tax wise and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Cool. That's a decent scattering.

The ones listed only add to 66% approx though. I guess the rest are more speculative. Probably have the full listings on their website. It's not a bad fire and forget option if you're comfortable with the tax laws.

More ETF news: The pick of the bunch, URNM is going to be made available on the LSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

I’ve been looking for a Uranium ETF this last while. The ones you guys mention above don’t appear to be up on DEGIRO.

Does anyone know of ones available on that platform?

g

• Advertisement

Email Degiro and ask if it can be added, they usually comply...

IBKR has them for sure.

Horror show out there. Profits been decimated. Spot rising though so hopefully a turn soon

Murderous alright. I don't hold out much hope personally for a quick way out of this, but others I talk to are more bullish and see a rally within weeks if not days.

Looks like I was right. Bar the odd little glimmer of green and a huge jump up the other week I gather it's been a slaughter house.

I've refrained from checking the account at all but have been keeping up on the news and making sure the general thesis is intact.

It still is thankfully! Bit of a non post I'm afraid but I'm still keeping the faith.

Boom.

European Union lawmakers voted to allow natural gas and nuclear energy to be labeled as green investments, removing the last major barrier to potentially billions of euros of funding from environmental investors

Markets still risk off in terms of U but this to me is a good set up into the latter half of the year. Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭HillCloudHop

Is this thesis still alive?

Alive and kicking.

So my personal approach is to completely check out from looking in at my account, but monitor sentiment and the overall industry.

I have no idea how much I'm sitting at now. Last time I checked was late April.

I continually check in on resources from Discord to YouTube and newsletter subscriptions specifically to see how healthy the thesis is. It's healthy. Now you have to take it all with a pinch of salt as everyone has an angle, but I'm happy to continue holding what I hold.

What I do get account wise is alerts and recently they've all been that my holdings have spiked in volume and price change to the positive. I'm tempted to check but if the thesis was wrong to begin with, or something changes I'd know. Well. Within reason of course.

Sometimes those places can be echo chambers, but even RTE mentioned nuclear in an article as part of the mix to solve the current energy crises. If it's trickling down that far it's gaining traction.

All the developments recently have been positive. Specifically the rise in UF6 conversation and SWU price.

I think even spot price is on the up too if the alerts on SPUT are anything to go by.

I don't want to publish a bunch of detail from the Patreon as it's a paid service but I'm as bullish as ever.

As ever, don't be surprised at another flush down though. Or three.

Long story short. If you're in up to your neck in a very volatile sector then zone out from inter day/week/month swings and monitor the thesis instead. I'm in up to my neck and going no where!

Oh and just to add, when I initially got in to uranium in autumn 2020 the thesis was based about a 2024-2026 run.

Obviously there's been so many developments in the past 18 months that a lot of people felt that the run would be compressed and brought forward.

Others point out that the real supply constraints won't be realised until 2030.

At this stage I'm kind of down with waiting. I'll sit it out until I'm comfortable exiting or the thesis changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Golf4GolfGti

Interesting thread. Where is the best place to invest in the URA ETF or others from Ireland? I am interested in mining/development based ETF's, less so on spot.

Advertisement