Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Uranium Bull Market

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Historic highs don't take into account dilution in the interim period. Market cap would be a better way to gauge it.

My personal feeling is to decide on how much you want to go in on, put 20% in now and add more on dips, and there will be plenty of dips. You avoid FOMO and you limit your downside to the initial 20% of your investment. The flip side of that strategy is of course if it continues to run up and the next dip brings us to a level that's higher than today you've missed out and you're still buying in at a higher price!

Good luck in the decision making ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks, it was a great investment case and fair play for being so far ahead of the curve anyway, hope you do very well out of it.

Thanks and best of luck in your own investing whatever way you decide!

Ah feck it Ill start trickling into SPUT on dips like these and see how we go while researching individual companies, not going to go mad but Ive had a good year so far in crypto and lithium so I can take a punt without any pain.

Wow Degiro is a bit pathetic for Uranium companies though, most of them arent on there.

Yeah it's not the best. It's why I left them for IBKR.

Search for the company name rather than the ticker. Some of them are listed under euro exchanges under odd tickers.

• Advertisement

I have an American E-Trade account that I was given a while ago to handle my stock options for work, Ill just use that in future, Degiro just annoying me all the time these days, they work so well sometimes but all the missing tickers is such a bizarre business decision.

Post edited by Thargor on

It's risk led from what one of their support agents said to me when I asked them to add Boss (BOE) on the ASX. I'm not sure how much a front line level one person would know but probably a bit more than me when it comes to the inner workings of their company.

I can't blame them for not adding penny stocks as a whole. They can't research every one to see if they're a bag of turds or just been at the end of a ten year bear mauling.

Anyways, tis behind me. Best of luck on the E-Trade platform.

Post edited by RainInSummer on

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭kellyj77

Spot touching 50 😳It's getting mental. My gains and some of the movements have been cryptoesque recently.

It'll correct soon enough. Well I think it has to.

Higher highs is nice, higher lows are way more important.

Then of course that tea leaf reading of mine of a general market correction in q4/q1.

U stocks will drop with the rest but rebound hard I think. Well. I hope.

Agreed. There has to be some sort of correction. Are you planning on holding or exiting at some stage hoping to re-enter lower?

• Advertisement

I'm holding. I don't trust myself to time it.

You could end up with one ball ache of a tax bill.

Hope you didn't get to buy in this week @Thargor

It's been mentioned in the thread a few times how volatile this play is. Today is a perfect example.

My monthly buying money won't land in the account for another two weeks. I'll see how things are looking before either buying more or holding cash again.

Crazy day. Biggest losses so far. Any particular reason which triggered it that you can see? Or simply profit taking?

If the latter then I'm actually quite happy as pay day early next week and will be loading back up.

Nah just bought some SPUT on the big dip the other day, still in profit a bit. TBH I just did it to reduce the niggling sense that I was missing out on free money in the back of my mind, Im very suspicious of the entire market atm and looking for a house so Im mostly cash and crypto and a few lithium miners. I will grab some Bannerman and a couple of others if it dips further though.

I'm in the dark I'm afraid. Profit taking seems the most logical. Some equities ran up 50-100% in two weeks. Can't blame anyone.

Good stuff. Nothing worse than jumping in and getting a bloody nose straight away.

Looking like it's going to be another day of carnage.

Haven't checked the account. Days, weeks and months like this I just don't look.

Got one email alert about QCCU jumping 25% up though. So that's one ray of sunshine

SPUT finished in the green, it is free money! *touch wood*

I don't think we're out of the murky waters just yet despite a green day all round the sector again.

• Advertisement

Chinas closed today and it seems to be triggering a relief rally but the big event hasnt happened yet and it looks like its going to aswell because they've already missed a couple of payment deadlines, it could all kick off again tomorrow.

True. I won't be checking till next week when the wages land in the account anyways. Will see has this provided a good buying opportunity or what.

Wages landed yesterday so nicely timed dip. Topped up. Hopefully things don't dip too much more and continue upwards

Ballsy, buying into such uncertainty :)

Then again it's just a top up and not a full blown all in buy. Fingers crossed!

The bleed continues. Horrendous week and half or so. Still in green though so won't start complaining yet.

Same. Not worried, this is my third.

October should be wild, one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Came accross this thread recently ....and it got be triggered to do a bit more research, anyway threw a few bob at

Cameco

Nextgen

Working out really well, I'm up about 15% on both after only about a week or so.

Probably beginners luck? 😁 🤞

But thanks lads 👍

October is typically the 'busy' season for uranium, you have the WNA symposium in Sept, then the UxC conference in Oct, after which it is fuel buying season.

I couldn't rule out a down week or two, but I have strong hope that the month finishes well up on Sept.

@littlevillage Cameco are as close to a blue chip in the U space as you will get, possibly limited upside due to them already being one of the bigger players, but they're safe and will benefit from any capital inflows to the uranium ETFs that hold them (that's all U focused ETFs btw).

NexGen have the best undeveloped deposit in the world right now. They have a slim chance of getting into production this cycle as it is in the middle of no where, approx 500km from a road. However, what stands to them is that any positive news flow from them will see a good effect on their price.

I think this cycle has had it's time frame shifted from 3-5 years to 1-2 years now. It'll run up all the more violently due to the compressed time frame, then drop back to a 'healthy' level that will allow new mines to come online over time. I can't see uranium dropping to 2011-2016 levels for instance.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

My initial toe-dip with Sprott is now in the red by 15% 😫

Not too bothered though, it took me until my thirties to start DCA'ing into these things instead of rushing in and I avoided getting burned, I was seriously tempted that day a couple of weeks ago when it pulled back 20% and then surged the next day.

Looks like they messed up some submission and now nobody in the US can trade them, they're bleeding every day, could be December before its sorted.

Advertisement