Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2021 Round 4 : Spanish Grand Prix

• 06-05-2021 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

image.png

Schedule
    FP1 Fri, 07 May 10:30

FP2 Fri, 07 May 14:00

FP3 Sat, 08 May 11:00

QU Sat, 08 May 14:00

Race Sun, 09 May 14:00

Never find this track Interesting ,it rarely delivers and not helped by the constant reminders that it is "very difficult to over take here"

I predicted Vettel getting into Q3 last week and to my surprise I got that right.
    This week , I will say he gets his first points .......probably 10th . :D
    but given how tight the mid field is I am not sure at whos expense. and yes I am trolling my own post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I hate turn 14 and 15. Have a strong dislike of it from the Forza Motorsport games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I hate turn 14 and 15. Have a strong dislike of it from the Forza Motorsport games.

Is that dislike of , maintaining Track limits and pace or ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Joeface wrote: »
    Is that dislike of , maintaining Track limits and pace or ...

Bit of both. It's also the Gran Turismo Nations Cup track this weekend, Super Formula cars (former Formula Nippon) and that last section is brutal. You have to almost tip toe through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Thats cos they are **** mickey mouse corners they added to slow down the cars. Was much better before they were added
    Aye:

Catalunya95.089b57394078021e72d8b872550f26fc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Turn 10 reprofiled as well. I really hate that last section though, that crap chicane really ruined it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The optimist in me is hoping for a better race since they didn't do the testing at Barcelona

The pessimist realist in me thinks Saturday is all that will matter, barring rain or mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The optimist in me is hoping for a better race since they didn't do the testing at Barcelona

The pessimist realist in me thinks Saturday is all that will matter, barring rain or mistakes

Teams could probably tell you what positions and lap times they will get before a wheel turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Bottas has put out a notice that he's not going to be replaced mid-season because he has a contract and there is only team that does that to its drivers.

Well, that's ruined his chance of joining Red Bull when he gets dropped.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Bottas has put out a notice that he's not going to be replaced mid-season because he has a contract and there is only team that does that to its drivers.

Well, that's ruined his chance of joining Red Bull when he gets dropped.

Haha, what a little bitch.

Not sure anyone really wants to drive the second Redbull car

Perez own words "What I used to do in races simply doesn’t work with this car’, he is now the third driver to say that .
    and Anthony Davison (Sky) I think it was at Imola he conceded the cars were very different ,he was following in car footage of both Max and Perez going through the same section and commenting on how different the cars were. He said it wasn't the driver difference it was the car.

And who would really want to have to say hi with a smile to Marko . Do other teams have a Marko that really decides a drivers faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Jack is doing the Formula-e Monaco race then. Ben would be great to listen to - now to see if I can sync BBC 5live sound and Sky video!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭klose

What benefit is there in giving nissany a spin and having your most competitive driver Russell soaking in the sun in the paddock? Money I know, but it's quite odd to see.

E0x2gV2XIAQ3yF4?format=jpg&name=medium

Interesting enough FP1 , bit ruined by an alfa red flag for getting stuck in the gravel

Not bad times by the Ferrari on Medium tyres but its early days

I thought practice 1 was a little short...it was only an hour long, as is FP2! When did that change?

all FP sessions are only an hour long this season . Rule change

• Registered Users Posts: 19,922 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

klose wrote: »
    What benefit is there in giving nissany a spin and having your most competitive driver Russell soaking in the sun in the paddock? Money I know, but it's quite odd to see.

Same with Kubica in the Alfa. And he binned it and caused the red flag. Not the showpiece comeback of Kubica's hopes and dreams. Still finished ahead of Mazepin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Mazepin shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a F1 car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Mazepin shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a F1 car
    they used to say that about max verstappen...:pac:

p09hbtpygox61.png

I like this detail . Alpha Tauri only team sure of themselves ...5TH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

...and Haas 10th.

sorry , I missed the white , I thought it was just a thick line at the end

E0ymyrpXMAcPFrY?format=jpg&name=medium

1st to 14th gap is inside 1sec.

Joeface wrote: »
    1st to 14th gap is inside 1sec.

Verstappen doing long runs?

Only FP2 but you'd still rather be up the table

Bit of Traffic and Track limits when he was doing Fast laps at the start , then went on to long runs
    Even that pace was a bit behind , Commentary was Alpha Tauri running engine mode in full, Redbull probably running with engine mode Turned town . ..........Sand bag Fridays

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Vettel looking decent with the improvements this week.

Will be interesting to see how much it helps. Seemed to help stroll for race pace last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

LeClerc looking good. .165 off first and just behind both Mercedes. Ferrari seems decent in short runs, qualifying, etc. but struggling a little on race day but big improvement over last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dan Ric really struggling to adapt.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Dan Ric really struggling to adapt.

Very surprised with this

Most of us would have put him near the top tier of drivers coming into the season, you probably have Max and Lewis in their own category up top, then in the next one you'll have a mismash of names depending on your opinion but I'd say most of us would have Ricciardo in that tier

He could well come good yet, but Norris is showing him up now, more than the Hulk did in his initial Renault days

• Advertisement

All the movers have been a bit hit and Miss , Both Alonso and Ric have been poor in qual but actually had good race days.
    Sainz is the mover that has progressed the best. Perez is still unknown to me . Vettel has improved but has nothing to show for it .

This was my cut off race for excuses because of the shortened winter testing I figured they would need at least 4 races to adapt and show improvement . After this weekend I think really they should be improved enough to be completive.

Even more so at this track as they all have spent lifetimes testing here.

Advertisement