Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Account and Plan setup

• 06-05-2021 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just bought a house and looking to get both Gas and Electricity from yourselves. I dont believe there is a smart meter in situ at the moment. So just curious what I need to do to get the below.
    1. Smart Meter
    2. Signed up to Electric Ireland for Gas and Elec
    With a smart meter plan
    3. Nest Smart Thermostat at discounted price and install. (If I require 2 Nests can both be purchased at discounted price or how do I go about getting 2nd one installed)

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi there, 

Thank you for your interest in Electric Ireland. 

ESB Networks are completing this roll out of smart electricity meters at the moment. See here for more information. You can contact them directly to get information on the expected time frame in your area.

You can find Electric Ireland's smart meter plans here in the lower part of the page. If you don't have the smart meter installed, we recommend registering for one of the other price plans in the meantime. These are in the top half of the page.

In relation to the Nest Smart Thermostat, you can purchase one at the discounted price of €130. The installation of heating controls is currently on hold. Please contact our colleagues in the Home Services Team on 1850 372 333 for more information regarding getting a second one installed. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement