Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WRC Inspector Competition (EO Grade)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

Interesting to see this, as I have an interview tomorrow for the Inspector- Team Manager position which was advertised a few weeks back. Clearly a big push to up the numbers in their inspection team. Anyone else apply for that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Sonrisa wrote: »
    Interesting to see this, as I have an interview tomorrow for the Inspector- Team Manager position which was advertised a few weeks back. Clearly a big push to up the numbers in their inspection team. Anyone else apply for that one?

I missed that one.. Was it open HEO grade?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

cw67irl wrote: »
    Didnt spot a thread on this yet so figured id open one..

We would deal with WRC fairly regularly although the allowance doesn't seem great depending on the extent of hours outside the normal week....

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=133951&campaignId=2184105

Is this for a serving EO? I've a friend who was recently promoted to EO level but is still in "probation" period.

Is this for a serving EO? I've a friend who was recently promoted to EO level but is still in "probation" period.

Open applications

I missed that one.. Was it open HEO grade?

Yes, advertised in Mid-March for Cork, Dublin and Ennis. I feel like maybe it's the kind of thing that might not get a lot of applications? But could be completely wrong about that

• Advertisement

Yes, advertised in Mid-March for Cork, Dublin and Ennis. I feel like maybe it's the kind of thing that might not get a lot of applications? But could be completely wrong about that

Best of Luck with it! Let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I assume the best chance of securing employment with a high OOM would be Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Would they be strict on this essential experience? Would there be any point in applying without this experience (1. and 2.)?
    Essential
    Candidates must have, on or before 20th May 2021:
    1. Significant experience working in a regulatory or enforcement setting;
    2. Experience in the application and administration of legal and policy frameworks,
    including making associated conclusions and recommendation;
    3. Ability to show initiative and work in a changing environment;
    4. Ability to work and contribute effectively as part of a team and interact appropriately
    with internal and external stakeholders;
    5. Ability to analyse and interpret information and data and make evidence-based
    judgements and decisions;
    6. Capability to structure and organise work in a planned and systematic approach to
    effectively meet objectives within agreed timescales;
    7. Effective written communication skills in formal correspondence, excellent report
    writing skills, including the clear presentation of facts, analysis, findings and decisions,
    accuracy, and effective use of simple unambiguous language;
    8. Excellent oral interpersonal communication skills on a ‘one to one’ basis and in group
    settings;
    9. Ability and skills necessary to cope with challenging situations and capacity to be
    resilient;
    10. Strong information technology skills including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
    11. A current full driving licence (Category B) and unrestricted access to a car for work
    purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Always amazes me how EO level positions externally can be so demanding but yet in the CS you could be a glorified CO. Not that, that is the correct way to be doing things either.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭doc22

Always amazes me how EO level positions externally can be so demanding but yet in the CS you could be a glorified CO. Not that, that is the correct way to be doing things either.

Yes open EO specialized positions are very demanding in requirements, some older EO's would barely have a Leaving Cert

• Advertisement

Best of Luck with it! Let us know how you get on

Survived! It was a bit intense, only my second time doing a civil service style interview. I had prepped most of the questions, only had to improvise for one or two. As alluded to above, it's such a specific role that it's hard to fit your experience into exactly the job description unless you're an ex-guard or have worked in Revenue or Social Protection. They did focus a lot on regulatory/enforcement experience (bear in mind this was the HEO manager role, so they might be more flexible for the EO role).

I also thought some of the questions were a bit *dramatic* for a mid-management type role e.g. what are you most proud of in your career to date- how does that feed into the competencies????

Placed 2nd in the OOM for my preferred location- so not a bad result, presuming they interviewed more than two people, haha.

Considering applying to this one too for the interview practise.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Placed 2nd in the OOM for my preferred location- so not a bad result, presuming they interviewed more than two people, haha.

Considering applying to this one too for the interview practise.

Well done. Surely there might be another position? Or was it just the one. Seems to have been a very quick process

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Well done. Surely there might be another position? Or was it just the one. Seems to have been a very quick process

I hope so!

Nudge for the EO competition which is closing tomorrow at 3pm. Just put my app in for that too.

I hope so!

Nudge for the EO competition which is closing tomorrow at 3pm. Just put my app in for that too.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1206209/

Looks like they are very short on the staff front.

Forgot to ask, was your interview online?

Vologda69 wrote: »
    https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1206209/

Looks like they are very short on the staff front.

Forgot to ask, was your interview online?

Yep Zoom. Three person panel plus chair

• Registered Users Posts: 1 As2021

Has anyone heard from pas since the closing date about their application?

As2021 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from pas since the closing date about their application?

Nothing yet anyway

Probably a little early..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sanie1206

It’s nearly 2 weeks , they must have got a lot of applications. I might email them

• Advertisement

Sanie1206 wrote: »
    It’s nearly 2 weeks , they must have got a lot of applications. I might email them

I think 2 weeks is still a bit early for PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sanie1206

I think 2 weeks is still a bit early for PAS

It’s not. I applied for the EO competition on the 5/8/20 and was called for stage 1 on the 17/8/20 but as you said they must have got a lot of applications. :-(

Well this campaign will probably go straight to interview. So they will need time to to shortlist candidate application forms. Doubt there would be any news until late June

Interview dates have been sent out as of 5pm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Summer1989

Received the email for interview yesterday aswel. What date did ye get? A few people I know have gotten dates all over the month of July and start of August.

Few from my office got them. Same dates spread from Mid July-Early Aug!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Summer1989

Even though there's not much writing on this thread, they must of received alot of applications. Be interesting to see how many positions are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bug23

Guys, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have the candidate information booklet for this one? I kept it but my device has crashed and I lost the file.

That was an unusual interview 🤔🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bigfuzz89

Anyone know when results be out or when interviews are over?

Advertisement