Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walrus in SPAAAAAAACE Reveal Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Great job fixXxer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Zaph wrote: »
    And as an added Hitch Hikers bonus, here's the song we had as the first dance at our wedding :D
    Class :D

Zaph wrote: »
    Just listening to this now, absolutely funktastic. Unlucky not to get the win there EN.
    Cheers, I'll happily take silver home though, it's better than I normally do :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Congrats Zaph and good second place EN

Thanks for the game Fix..

One more for the road!

Congratulations Zaph.
    Can't believe no one entered a David Bowie song :eek:

Space Oddity, Life on Mars, Starman, Ziggy Stardust, Blackstar... I'm sure there's more

I'd say people wanted to submit something less likely to be well known, rather than anything too "obvious"; he pretty much hinted as much in the sign-up thread.

But with regards to Bowie, I did briefly ponder this but ruled it out as I thought someone else would have gone for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I was tempted to submit the Firefly theme tune
    I nearly submitted The Expanse theme
    fixXxer wrote: »

Electric Nitwit/Public Service Broadcast/Gagarin

This is a monster bop of a tune. It’s so catchy, I love it. Reminds me of listening to The GO! Team for the first time. High speed, catchy, you can’t help but move when you listen. It’s been on rotation since I finished my rankings. At some point ill check out the rest of PSB but until then, this has been a great find. And yes EN, the dancing astronauts in the video are brilliant :D

Awesome!

Great reveal fixXxer, congrats to Zaph

How did I make it to top 5? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Great game and reveal fixXxer

And just in case anyone is wondering why I submitted a song called Shoemaker, well this song was written in homage to Eugene Shoemaker who is the founder of planetary science, has discovered comets, trained astronauts for NASA and is even the only human to be buried on the moon (well technically one vial of his ashes).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Fixxxer.... fixxxer....FIXXXER!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Fixxxer.... fixxxer....FIXXXER!

Are you ok BK??

Are you ok BK??

I was late to the reveal, due to MU game, and checked out the reveal last night....

Got down from 21 to 10 and I was excited, feeling happy I made the top 10...... I was feeling all happy...

giphy.gif

got to top 5 and was like, ooooh Fixxxer really liked my song....

giphy.gif

Then I realised my song wasnt there at all and Fixxy forgot about me.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

tenor.gif?itemid=16308002

• Advertisement

Beaker Joe/Stan Bush/The Touch

This is great. This is so much fun. As might be expected of someone of my vintage, I watched a lot of transformers growing up and played with a lot of toys. Despite Transformers The Movie being traumatic with so many characters being killed (Optimus ;_;), I have a lot of affection for this song. You can’t help but sing along with that chorus, punch the air and bust out the air guitar. Almost the perfect feel good song for giant robots from spaaaaaaaaace.

Now somebody lock this thread.

Or go enter Kolido and Necro's Walrus and forget about this one :o

Now somebody lock this thread.

Or go enter Kolido and Necro's Walrus and forget about this one :o

You have to join the Marvel werewolf now to make it up to me.

Happy you liked it, its 80's cheese, very nostalgic (for me anyway) and its a rock out tune.

Unhappy with your dislike of Tina Turner.... boo hiss.

A very deserving winner though and a fantastic theme.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

It is amazing the variety of songs/music that a one word theme can produce...life,the universe and everthing :D

well done fixxxer on the reveal and zaph for the number uno.

Advertisement