Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

One thing this pandemic has shown us is that our health system is far better under pressure than what the media have told us for many years. We had the biggest spike in the world post Christmas yet the system did not collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Danno wrote: »
    The only ones who will find it difficult are those hell bent on promotion, the vast majority of members have no interest in implementing those ridiculous laws.

That’s good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Carlowgirl wrote: »
    Was just saying its hard to know it's going on slll the time. Lock downs do work. Look at India. We would have been just like India if we didn't go into lockdown as we have a third world health care system. If people don't mix the virus can't spread. It's very simple

We are the most suppresses because we have the worst health care system

We would in our bollocks have been like India. That's a ludicrous comparison for so many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

128 in hosp (up from 122)
    41 in ICU (no change)

Good numbers still

*usually little to no discharges on the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Was just saying its hard to know it's going on slll the time. Lock downs do work. Look at India. We would have been just like India if we didn't go into lockdown as we have a third world health care system. If people don't mix the virus can't spread. It's very simple

We are the most suppresses because we have the worst health care system

Why does this **** get thrown around?
    By what metric have we a third class health service?
    Investment?
    Deaths in Hospital?
    Deaths due to negligence?
    Lack of access to healthcare?
    Price of healthcare?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

We would in our bollocks have been like India. That's a ludicrous comparison for so many reasons.

There was an article in the paper during the week that it would have been. We didn't let it get that bad by going into lockdown. Anyway not going to argue about it.my point is that some people are doing the right thing and making sacrifices for a long time and others are so selfish that they can't. It's not like we've been asked to go to war we were asked to stsy home to stop the spread and some people are so selfish they can't do that.

We will never know how bad it would have been with out lock down here but other health services have completely stopped like cancer screening and hip replacement s to cope woth covid etc so our health system has only coped as alot of services have stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Danno wrote: »
    The only ones who will find it difficult are those hell bent on promotion, the vast majority of members have no interest in implementing those ridiculous laws.

This. The few i know will be delighted to get back to normal

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    41 in ICU (no change)

Good numbers still

This weekend: 11 hospital cases confirmed
    Last weekend: 22 hospital cases confirmed
    I'm liking that trend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭giveitholly

41 in ICU (no change)

Good numbers still

Wonder could we go under 100 cases in hospital by the end of the week?

There was an article in the paper during the week that it would have been. We didn't let it get that bad by going into lockdown. Anyway not going to argue about it.my point is that some people are doing the right thing and making sacrifices for a long time and others are so selfish that they can't. It's not like we've been asked to go to war we were asked to stsy home to stop the spread and some people are so selfish they can't do that.

We will never know how bad it would have been with out lock down here but other health services have completely stopped like cancer screening and hip replacement s to cope woth covid etc so our health system has only coped as alot of services have stopped.

I don't care if there was an article "in the paper", there's no way we'd have been as bad as India. The comparison is utterly ridiculous.

• Advertisement

I don't care if there was an article "in the paper", there's no way we'd have been as bad as India. The comparison is utterly ridiculous.

Great. I'm happy you have so much insight.

Great. I'm happy you have so much insight.

I don't at all. It's just common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Always_Running

41 in ICU (no change)

Good numbers still

Hopefully the hospital number is under 100 tomorrow or Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Wolf359f wrote: »
    This weekend: 11 hospital cases confirmed
    Last weekend: 22 hospital cases confirmed
    I'm liking that trend!
    Not if you're the poor sixth person they cut in half next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

They should be lined up and shot for having the audacity to enjoy themselves. I think it's heartening that some are not looking for permission to live on their terms. And you'll be hearing a lot more of those feelgood stories as summer unfolds. Back to normality then, as for busybodies gawping over the hedge - these are easily ignored.

Sure drink drivers and joy riders are just enjoying themselves too. I mean, even Jack the Ripper was basically just enjoying himself so you'd have to be a curtain twitching busy body to have interfered with his fun.

How can we be this far into the pandemic, with so many dead or living with severe illness, and still there are so many idiots out there who don't see the harm that spreading the virus can cause?

I'm thankful the vast majority of people in Ireland are actually responsible and doing their bit, and that our government have implemented policies based on the actual facts and the advice of experts. You just have to look at the likes of India or Brazil to see how things here would be if people like you got everything they wanted. Or alternatively look at the likes of New Zealand to see how life here would be today if there weren't so many rule breakers.

quokula wrote: »
    Sure drink drivers and joy riders are just enjoying themselves too. I mean, even Jack the Ripper was basically just enjoying himself so you'd have to be a curtain twitching busy body to have interfered with his fun.

How can we be this far into the pandemic, with so many dead or living with severe illness, and still there are so many idiots out there who don't see the harm that spreading the virus can cause?

I'm thankful the vast majority of people in Ireland are actually responsible and doing their bit, and that our government have implemented policies based on the actual facts and the advice of experts. You just have to look at the likes of India or Brazil to see how things here would be if people like you got everything they wanted. Or alternatively look at the likes of New Zealand to see how life here would be today if there weren't so many rule breakers.

Yes some people don't under stand that we would have been in serious serious trouble without lockdown. We are a selfish bunch really. Like all the people that headed off to ww2 or had no choice but to and then we are asked to stsy home with all our home comfort s interest etc where we coukd even have a few drinks virtually with our friends online but no.. Some people just do whst they want and don't conside others. Drinking in person is way more important. The way I m feeling tonight now is not good. I'm home sick and getting tired of it and have to listen to idiots next door on the pup that don't have to get up for work in the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

quokula wrote: »

Once I see India mentioned in a post I know I can ignore the pontificating because it’s ignoring demographics and basic science

Also now that the vulnerable are now vaccinated spreading the virus is less relevant

Yes some people don't under stand that we would have been in serious serious trouble without lockdown. We are a selfish bunch really. Like all the people that headed off to ww2 or had no choice but to and then we are asked to stsy home with all our home comfort s interest etc where we coukd even have a few drinks virtually with our friends online but no.. Some people just do whst they want and don't conside others. Drinking in person is way more important. The way I m feeling tonight now is not good. I'm home sick and getting tired of it and have to listen to idiots next door on the pup that don't have to get up for work in the hospital.

Are you living alone?

Or do you have company in your house?

Are you living alone?

I m living with some one. I'm fine just home sick today and then when I hear parties next door All weekend it doesn't help as the reason I'm home sick is that I choose to abide by the restrictions.

Are you living alone?

I m living with some one. I'm fine just home sick today and then when I hear parties next door All weekend it doesn't help as the reason I'm home sick is that I choose to abide by the restrictions.

• Advertisement

Knowing the vulnerable are vaccinated, do you think it would be dangerous to visit friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Is your home in Ireland? If so then I don't mean to be cold hearted but there is nothing stopping you from going home. Why do you need to be told by Government/NPHET when you can visit your family. What is stopping you from visiting anyone,meet them outside,wear masks and social distance if you want. Seriously a lot of people have become paralysed by this government when they could live their lives and still act responsibly

Knowing the vulnerable* are vaccinated, do you think it would be dangerous to visit friends?
    *some of the more vulnerable

Knowing the vulnerable are vaccinated, do you think it would be dangerous to visit friends?

I would meet friends outside or possibly have one around. I don't think that's allowed. That's been the problem all along is that we open up the country when the figures are high and with schools back now they are just going to get higher. There are alot of parties this weekend.
    Even with the vaccine they are saying its not going to work for all strains. Its hard to know. I ve sacrificed alot over the last year and just today I felt very down and even lonely knowing there was party on again next door

Ficheall wrote: »
    *some of the more vulnerable

About a month ago 30 year olds with underlying conditions were getting vaccinated

The dangers are now much much reduced

Certainly so that we can stop tutting at our neighbours

Is your home in Ireland? If so then I don't mean to be cold hearted but there is nothing stopping you from going home. Why do you need to be told by Government/NPHET when you can visit your family. What is stopping you from visiting anyone,meet them outside,wear masks and social distance if you want. Seriously a lot of people have become paralysed by this government when they could live their lives and still act responsibly

I do that every few weeks it's just been a few weeks now so I'm feeling it. Weather was supposed to be bad for the weekend so didn't go visit. I'm visiting elderly parebys so it's kinda weather dependant. Or it helps when the weather is good

I do that every few weeks it's just been a few weeks now so I'm feeling it. Weather was supposed to be bad for the weekend so didn't go visit. I'm visiting elderly parebys so it's kinda weather dependant. Or it helps when the weather is good

So you do visit, if it’s warm

Are your parents vaccinated?

About a month ago 30 year olds with underlying conditions were getting vaccinated

Reduced yes absolutely, but not gone. An awful lot of people in their sixties aren't vaccinated yet, for example. A blanket "the vulnerable" is inaccurate; that's all I was pointing out.

As a 30 year old with an underlying condition, I have not gotten a vaccine yet, or an appointment yet. My danger and the dangers strangers, family and friends pose to me has not been reduced yet.

• Advertisement

I'm not tutting. If you read my posts I m saying some people just make no sacrifice s and it gets wearing after a while

Advertisement