Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Stheno wrote: »
    So its ok to not follow restrictions then? Like you've been doing meeting with your friends outside?
    I meet up with one at a time outdoors which is allowed. Like for a walk. That is allowed

Every current generation gets labelled as being weaker than the one that preceded it (while at the same time the previous generation will get blamed for the current state of the world. Go figure).

I can't believe there are still people making comparisons to war times like that's a reason for people to be grateful. The past year and a bit has been very difficult for many people in many ways. I know I myself have been in dark places at certain times through it all and have no doubt others have too. This does not equal being "soft".

Cut out the nonsense like this and you're likely to find your other arguments will get a little more support.

What I'm saying is we don't have it that bad. We can meet up with someone outside. If it was a war we would be in real danger. People can meet up with someone. They are just taking it too far throwing parties. We'll see next week after all the parties this weekend where we are at. I hope I'm wrong. Yes I understand people are lonely but it doesn't justify throwing parties. That's a basic disregard for the people that have made sacrifices. Keeping the problem going and adding to the problem. That's my point.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Carlowgirl wrote: »
    I meet up with one at a time outdoors which is allowed. Like for a walk. That is allowed

Nope that's not what you said see the quote below
    I meet friends outside for a walk and food outside after.

Its only been "allowed" to meet up for non exercise purposes with one other household the past couple of weeks too! Previously it was only to exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

We'll see next week after all the parties this weekend where we are at.

Haven't we been hearing this for the last year continually??

As for the rest, no comment. I'd probably get a ban for responding to some of the nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

You would hope that some of the people on here are WUMs about the restrictions or else the country will never ever recover from this **** show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Nope that's not what you said see the quote below

Its only been "allowed" to meet up for non exercise purposes with one other household the past couple of weeks too! Previously it was only to exercise

Everyone will justify what they do but pass remark about the wrong doing of others... covid has ensured this anyway. "The pot is calling the kettle black"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Everyone will justify what they do but pass remark about the wrong doing of others... covid has ensured this anyway. "The pot is calling the kettle black"

That was precisely my point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1389241842873638917

Median age of cases 25, seems quite a young demographic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

That's the spirit,I reckon some people won't be happy unless we go into another lockdown in Autumn and come out and say I told you so

I really get no joy from these predictions, if anything these will hamper my 2021-2022 plans considerably, it's just the way I feel things are going

wadacrack wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1389241842873638917

Median age of cases 25, seems quite a young demographic

78% under 45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I meabt it's selfish having parties. The longer people are at that the longer this goes on. It is selfish

We can meet people outside. Its not like we habe to be completely isolated. There is no need for dribking parties every night. I know people that have lost their jobs but they have taken this time to learn new things and keep fit. They are not having drinking parties every night witg ten people from different houses. Why not have one or two if you have to break the restrictions. Most of these people are on the pup. They coukd use thid time for something else or meet one or two people.
    I thought the lock dosn was a great opportunity to learn new hobbies. It was also a chance to slow down and relax. Not feeling under pressure to be here there and every where. It also helped me to realise who are friends and who are acquaintance. The lock down is hard on everyone but having parties isn't the answer to coming out of lock dosn. I m not talking about kids her I'm talking about people I their 30 a to 50s and bringing their kids along. Each one of them in different schools. This is happening all weekend and the figures next week are going to frightening I think. We are a very soft generation if we think cutting down or contacts and onky meeting one or two people is hard. If there was a world war we'd have to stsy home. Like people did back in the 30 s etc. Anyway I'm choosing to abide by the restrictions and that's my right.

So by that logic anything bad that ever happens to anyone is grand because "it's not a world war".

Such nonsense, just like the rest of that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

78% under 45

So the unvaccinated

Good that’s what ya wanna see!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I really get no joy from these predictions, if anything these will hamper my 2021-2022 plans considerably, it's just the way I feel things are going

Suppose you look at things with a glass half empty attitude,I would be the opposite,always look at things as glass half full. If I remember rightly you live in China and want to get home to see family. Surely if you get vaccinated and so does your family here in Ireland there is no reason you couldn't come home in August-September to see them. That's the way I would be looking at things if I were in your position

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭blowitupref

An increase of 71 the difference in cases the last 7 days compared to the previous 7 days. No testing figures yesterday or today due to the Bank Holiday, leading into Sunday the difference was close to 9,000 more tests

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Things are only going one way right now and its positive

What do you mean "the way things are going"?

- More and more people are getting vaccinated every day
    - Hospitalisations and deaths are on a downward trend

I can't understand the mindset of some people :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Some people are perpetually miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

bennyl10 wrote: »
    So the unvaccinated

I'm guessing your glass is perpetually half empty. You need to put the smilie in if you're joking, because online it is impossible to tell.

So by that logic anything bad that ever happens to anyone is grand because "it's not a world war".

Such nonsense, just like the rest of that post.

No it's just putting things into perspective. If people have problems with onky being able to meet one person at a time and have to have parties all the time then they have other problems and need to get some hobbies. Like go for a walk read a book. Learn something new. We have all suffered through this but it's a small price to pay to help solve the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

What I'm saying is we don't have it that bad. We can meet up with someone outside. If it was a war we would be in real danger. People can meet up with someone. They are just taking it too far throwing parties. We'll see next week after all the parties this weekend where we are at. I hope I'm wrong. Yes I understand people are lonely but it doesn't justify throwing parties. That's a basic disregard for the people that have made sacrifices. Keeping the problem going and adding to the problem. That's my point.

I guess. So people complaining about parties should stop being so soft because at least there isn't a war.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

New cases: 453

Denotified cases:
    Total cases: 250,290
    New deaths: 0
    Denotified deaths:
    Total deaths: 4,906

Of the 453 cases notified today
    • Male: 203
    • Female: 250
    • Under 45 years old: 353 (78%)
    • Median age: 25
    Vaccination Numbers - Up to Saturday 1st May
    • Total doses: 1,591,888 (+19,109)
    • First dose: 1,146,562 (+15,604)
    • Second: 445,326 (+3,505)
    Vaccine Type Breakdowns
    • Pfizer/BioNTech: 1,138,738 (+7,740) (41% of vaccines)
    • Moderna: 79,300 (+1,502) (8% of vaccines)
    • AstraZeneca: 373,859 (+9,857) (52% of vaccines)
    • Janssen: 0 (+0)
    Cohort 1 (Residents aged 65+ in LTCF)
    • Total in group: ~105,000
    • Total vaccines: 194,073 (+21)
    • Total with first vaccine: 109,343 (+20)
    • Total with second vaccine: 84,730 (+1)
    • 104% of total half vaccinated (+0%)
    • 81% of total fully vaccinated (+0%)
    Cohort 2 (Frontline Healthcare Workers)
    • Total in group: ~250,000
    • Total vaccines: 351,841 (+144)
    • Total with first vaccine: 255,962 (+135)
    • Total with second vaccine: 95,879 (+9)
    • 102% of total half vaccinated (+0%)
    • 38% of total fully vaccinated (+0%)
    Cohort 3 (People 70+)
    • Total in group: 482,327
    • Total vaccines: 714,122 (+3,978)
    • Total with first vaccine: 455,164 (+698)
    • Total with second vaccine: 258,958 (+3,280)
    • 94% of total half vaccinated (+0%)
    • 54% of total fully vaccinated (+1%)
    Cohort 4 (People aged 16-69 and at very high risk of severe Covid-19)
    • Total in group: ~250,000
    • Total vaccines: 206,903 (+5,381)
    • Total with first vaccine: 201,233 (+5,170)
    • Total with second vaccine: 5,670 (211)
    • 80% of total half vaccinated (+2%)
    • 2.3% of total fully vaccinated (+0.3%)
    Cohort 5 (All aged 60-69)
    • Total in group: 417,000
    • Total vaccines: 121,121 (+7,593)
    • Total with first vaccine: 121,084(+7,590)
    • Total with second vaccine: 37 (+3)
    • 29% of total half vaccinated (+2%)
    • 0% of total fully vaccinated
    Cohort 7 (People aved 16-69 who have an underlying conditions that puts them at high risk of severe disease and death)
    • Total in group: ~350,000
    • Total vaccines: 1,330 (+14)
    • Total with first vaccine: 1,328 (+13)
    • Total with second vaccine: 2 (+1)
    • 0.4% of total half vaccinated (+0%)
    • 0% of total fully vaccinated (+0%)
    Other "Uncoded" Cohort
    • Total: 2,498
    • First Dose: 2,448
    • Second Dose: 50
    Hospital stats as of 8 am today
    • Hospitalised: 129 (+2)
    • ICU: 40 (-1)
    • New admissions past 24 hours: 5

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    New cases: 453

Denotified cases:
    Total cases: 250,290
    New deaths: 0
    Denotified deaths:
    Total deaths: 4,906

Of the 453 cases notified today
    • Male: 203
    • Female: 250
    • Under 45 years old: 353 (78%)
    • Median age: 25
    Vaccination Numbers - Up to Saturday 1st May
    • Total doses: 1,591,888 (+19,109)
    • First dose: 1,146,562 (+15,604)
    • Second: 445,326 (+3,505)
    Vaccine Type Breakdowns
    • Pfizer/BioNTech: 1,138,738 (+7,740) (41% of vaccines)
    • Moderna: 79,300 (+1,502) (8% of vaccines)
    • AstraZeneca: 373,859 (+9,857) (52% of vaccines)
    • Janssen: 0 (+0)
    Cohort 1 (Residents aged 65+ in LTCF)
    • Total in group: ~105,000
    • Total vaccines: 194,073 (+21)
    • Total with first vaccine: 109,343 (+20)
    • Total with second vaccine: 84,730 (+1)
    • 104% of total half vaccinated (+0%)
    • 81% of total fully vaccinated (+0%)
    C,]

How can more than 100% be vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

bennyl10 wrote: »
    So the unvaccinated

Exactly. The elderly and vulnerable are being protected. The young are getting it, but not needing hospital treatment, if any treatment at all... Hospital numbers are down to low numbers and decreasing. We're grand. Open it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I'm guessing your glass is perpetually half empty. You need to put the smilie in if you're joking, because online it is impossible to tell.

What?

Younger people those in the main being infected it was we expect to see and it shows vaccines are working and protecting the most vulnerable.

This shouldn’t lead to an increase in seriously ill or those in hospital.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Newly recruited HCWs is what I'm guessing

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Underestimated the denominator

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Exactly. The elderly and vulnerable are being protected. The young are getting it, but not needing hospital treatment, if any treatment at all... Hospital numbers are down to low numbers and decreasing. We're grand. Open it up.

The vulnerable are still waiting in Cohort 7 .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The vulnerable are still waiting in Cohort 7 .

This needs to be a pinned post, because "The vulnerable are vaccinated though" is the new "It's only the flu" around here

And the same dismal intellect is shown in both

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

This was covered ad infinitum a few days ago. The more vulnerable are not all vaccinated yet. We're getting there and we're starting to open up.

• Advertisement

No it's just putting things into perspective. If people have problems with onky being able to meet one person at a time and have to have parties all the time then they have other problems and need to get some hobbies. Like go for a walk read a book. Learn something new. We have all suffered through this but it's a small price to pay to help solve the problem

Tell all the people that are unemployed or those whose businesses are in tatters that it's "a small price to pay". Such condescending drivel.

Advertisement