Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Covid 19 Part XXXV-296,687 ROI(5,035 deaths) 152,696 NI (2,176 deaths)(28/07)Read OP

24567360

Comments

  • #2


    One thing this pandemic has shown us is that our health system is far better under pressure than what the media have told us for many years. We had the biggest spike in the world post Christmas yet the system did not collapse.


  • #2


    Danno wrote: »
    The only ones who will find it difficult are those hell bent on promotion, the vast majority of members have no interest in implementing those ridiculous laws.

    That’s good to hear.


  • #2


    Carlowgirl wrote: »
    Was just saying its hard to know it's going on slll the time. Lock downs do work. Look at India. We would have been just like India if we didn't go into lockdown as we have a third world health care system. If people don't mix the virus can't spread. It's very simple

    We are the most suppresses because we have the worst health care system

    We would in our bollocks have been like India. That's a ludicrous comparison for so many reasons.


  • #2


    128 in hosp (up from 122)
    41 in ICU (no change)

    Good numbers still

    *usually little to no discharges on the weekend


  • #2


    Carlowgirl wrote: »
    Was just saying its hard to know it's going on slll the time. Lock downs do work. Look at India. We would have been just like India if we didn't go into lockdown as we have a third world health care system. If people don't mix the virus can't spread. It's very simple

    We are the most suppresses because we have the worst health care system

    Why does this **** get thrown around?
    By what metric have we a third class health service?
    Investment?
    Deaths in Hospital?
    Deaths due to negligence?
    Lack of access to healthcare?
    Price of healthcare?


  • #2


    We would in our bollocks have been like India. That's a ludicrous comparison for so many reasons.

    There was an article in the paper during the week that it would have been. We didn't let it get that bad by going into lockdown. Anyway not going to argue about it.my point is that some people are doing the right thing and making sacrifices for a long time and others are so selfish that they can't. It's not like we've been asked to go to war we were asked to stsy home to stop the spread and some people are so selfish they can't do that.

    We will never know how bad it would have been with out lock down here but other health services have completely stopped like cancer screening and hip replacement s to cope woth covid etc so our health system has only coped as alot of services have stopped.


  • #2


    Danno wrote: »
    The only ones who will find it difficult are those hell bent on promotion, the vast majority of members have no interest in implementing those ridiculous laws.

    This. The few i know will be delighted to get back to normal


  • #2


    BlondeBomb wrote: »
    128 in hosp (up from 122)
    41 in ICU (no change)

    Good numbers still

    *usually little to no discharges on the weekend

    This weekend: 11 hospital cases confirmed
    Last weekend: 22 hospital cases confirmed
    I'm liking that trend!


  • #2


    BlondeBomb wrote: »
    128 in hosp (up from 122)
    41 in ICU (no change)

    Good numbers still

    *usually little to no discharges on the weekend

    Wonder could we go under 100 cases in hospital by the end of the week?


  • #2


    Carlowgirl wrote: »
    There was an article in the paper during the week that it would have been. We didn't let it get that bad by going into lockdown. Anyway not going to argue about it.my point is that some people are doing the right thing and making sacrifices for a long time and others are so selfish that they can't. It's not like we've been asked to go to war we were asked to stsy home to stop the spread and some people are so selfish they can't do that.

    We will never know how bad it would have been with out lock down here but other health services have completely stopped like cancer screening and hip replacement s to cope woth covid etc so our health system has only coped as alot of services have stopped.

    I don't care if there was an article "in the paper", there's no way we'd have been as bad as India. The comparison is utterly ridiculous.


  • #2


    I don't care if there was an article "in the paper", there's no way we'd have been as bad as India. The comparison is utterly ridiculous.

    Great. I'm happy you have so much insight.


  • #2


    Carlowgirl wrote: »
    Great. I'm happy you have so much insight.

    I don't at all. It's just common sense.


  • #2


    BlondeBomb wrote: »
    128 in hosp (up from 122)
    41 in ICU (no change)

    Good numbers still

    *usually little to no discharges on the weekend

    Hopefully the hospital number is under 100 tomorrow or Tuesday.


  • #2


    Wolf359f wrote: »
    This weekend: 11 hospital cases confirmed
    Last weekend: 22 hospital cases confirmed
    I'm liking that trend!
    Not if you're the poor sixth person they cut in half next week.


  • #2


    They should be lined up and shot for having the audacity to enjoy themselves. I think it's heartening that some are not looking for permission to live on their terms. And you'll be hearing a lot more of those feelgood stories as summer unfolds. Back to normality then, as for busybodies gawping over the hedge - these are easily ignored.

    Sure drink drivers and joy riders are just enjoying themselves too. I mean, even Jack the Ripper was basically just enjoying himself so you'd have to be a curtain twitching busy body to have interfered with his fun.

    How can we be this far into the pandemic, with so many dead or living with severe illness, and still there are so many idiots out there who don't see the harm that spreading the virus can cause?

    I'm thankful the vast majority of people in Ireland are actually responsible and doing their bit, and that our government have implemented policies based on the actual facts and the advice of experts. You just have to look at the likes of India or Brazil to see how things here would be if people like you got everything they wanted. Or alternatively look at the likes of New Zealand to see how life here would be today if there weren't so many rule breakers.


  • #2


    quokula wrote: »
    Sure drink drivers and joy riders are just enjoying themselves too. I mean, even Jack the Ripper was basically just enjoying himself so you'd have to be a curtain twitching busy body to have interfered with his fun.

    How can we be this far into the pandemic, with so many dead or living with severe illness, and still there are so many idiots out there who don't see the harm that spreading the virus can cause?

    I'm thankful the vast majority of people in Ireland are actually responsible and doing their bit, and that our government have implemented policies based on the actual facts and the advice of experts. You just have to look at the likes of India or Brazil to see how things here would be if people like you got everything they wanted. Or alternatively look at the likes of New Zealand to see how life here would be today if there weren't so many rule breakers.

    Yes some people don't under stand that we would have been in serious serious trouble without lockdown. We are a selfish bunch really. Like all the people that headed off to ww2 or had no choice but to and then we are asked to stsy home with all our home comfort s interest etc where we coukd even have a few drinks virtually with our friends online but no.. Some people just do whst they want and don't conside others. Drinking in person is way more important. The way I m feeling tonight now is not good. I'm home sick and getting tired of it and have to listen to idiots next door on the pup that don't have to get up for work in the hospital.


  • #2


    quokula wrote: »
    Sure drink drivers and joy riders are just enjoying themselves too. I mean, even Jack the Ripper was basically just enjoying himself so you'd have to be a curtain twitching busy body to have interfered with his fun.

    How can we be this far into the pandemic, with so many dead or living with severe illness, and still there are so many idiots out there who don't see the harm that spreading the virus can cause?

    I'm thankful the vast majority of people in Ireland are actually responsible and doing their bit, and that our government have implemented policies based on the actual facts and the advice of experts. You just have to look at the likes of India or Brazil to see how things here would be if people like you got everything they wanted. Or alternatively look at the likes of New Zealand to see how life here would be today if there weren't so many rule breakers.

    Once I see India mentioned in a post I know I can ignore the pontificating because it’s ignoring demographics and basic science

    Also now that the vulnerable are now vaccinated spreading the virus is less relevant


  • #2


    Carlowgirl wrote: »
    Yes some people don't under stand that we would have been in serious serious trouble without lockdown. We are a selfish bunch really. Like all the people that headed off to ww2 or had no choice but to and then we are asked to stsy home with all our home comfort s interest etc where we coukd even have a few drinks virtually with our friends online but no.. Some people just do whst they want and don't conside others. Drinking in person is way more important. The way I m feeling tonight now is not good. I'm home sick and getting tired of it and have to listen to idiots next door on the pup that don't have to get up for work in the hospital.

    Are you living alone?

    Or do you have company in your house?


  • #2


    Are you living alone?

    Or do you have company in your house?

    I m living with some one. I'm fine just home sick today and then when I hear parties next door All weekend it doesn't help as the reason I'm home sick is that I choose to abide by the restrictions.


  • #2


    Are you living alone?

    Or do you have company in your house?

    I m living with some one. I'm fine just home sick today and then when I hear parties next door All weekend it doesn't help as the reason I'm home sick is that I choose to abide by the restrictions.


  • #2


    Carlowgirl wrote: »
    I m living with some one. I'm fine just home sick today and then when I hear parties next door All weekend it doesn't help as the reason I'm home sick is that I choose to abide by the restrictions.

    Knowing the vulnerable are vaccinated, do you think it would be dangerous to visit friends?


  • #2


    Carlowgirl wrote: »
    I m living with some one. I'm fine just home sick today and then when I hear parties next door All weekend it doesn't help as the reason I'm home sick is that I choose to abide by the restrictions.

    Is your home in Ireland? If so then I don't mean to be cold hearted but there is nothing stopping you from going home. Why do you need to be told by Government/NPHET when you can visit your family. What is stopping you from visiting anyone,meet them outside,wear masks and social distance if you want. Seriously a lot of people have become paralysed by this government when they could live their lives and still act responsibly


  • #2


    Knowing the vulnerable* are vaccinated, do you think it would be dangerous to visit friends?
    *some of the more vulnerable


  • #2


    Knowing the vulnerable are vaccinated, do you think it would be dangerous to visit friends?

    I would meet friends outside or possibly have one around. I don't think that's allowed. That's been the problem all along is that we open up the country when the figures are high and with schools back now they are just going to get higher. There are alot of parties this weekend.
    Even with the vaccine they are saying its not going to work for all strains. Its hard to know. I ve sacrificed alot over the last year and just today I felt very down and even lonely knowing there was party on again next door


  • #2


    Ficheall wrote: »
    *some of the more vulnerable

    About a month ago 30 year olds with underlying conditions were getting vaccinated

    The dangers are now much much reduced

    Certainly so that we can stop tutting at our neighbours


  • #2


    Is your home in Ireland? If so then I don't mean to be cold hearted but there is nothing stopping you from going home. Why do you need to be told by Government/NPHET when you can visit your family. What is stopping you from visiting anyone,meet them outside,wear masks and social distance if you want. Seriously a lot of people have become paralysed by this government when they could live their lives and still act responsibly

    I do that every few weeks it's just been a few weeks now so I'm feeling it. Weather was supposed to be bad for the weekend so didn't go visit. I'm visiting elderly parebys so it's kinda weather dependant. Or it helps when the weather is good


  • #2


    Carlowgirl wrote: »
    I do that every few weeks it's just been a few weeks now so I'm feeling it. Weather was supposed to be bad for the weekend so didn't go visit. I'm visiting elderly parebys so it's kinda weather dependant. Or it helps when the weather is good

    So you do visit, if it’s warm

    Are your parents vaccinated?


  • #2


    About a month ago 30 year olds with underlying conditions were getting vaccinated

    The dangers are now much much reduced

    Certainly so that we can stop tutting at our neighbours
    Reduced yes absolutely, but not gone. An awful lot of people in their sixties aren't vaccinated yet, for example. A blanket "the vulnerable" is inaccurate; that's all I was pointing out.


  • #2


    About a month ago 30 year olds with underlying conditions were getting vaccinated

    The dangers are now much much reduced

    Certainly so that we can stop tutting at our neighbours

    As a 30 year old with an underlying condition, I have not gotten a vaccine yet, or an appointment yet. My danger and the dangers strangers, family and friends pose to me has not been reduced yet.


  • #2


    About a month ago 30 year olds with underlying conditions were getting vaccinated

    The dangers are now much much reduced

    Certainly so that we can stop tutting at our neighbours
    I'm not tutting. If you read my posts I m saying some people just make no sacrifice s and it gets wearing after a while


Sign In or Register to comment.