Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerline adapters stop working after solar PV install

Options
  • 29-04-2021 7:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I use tp-link powerline adapters to get the internet in a lot of rooms in the house.they are no longer working after a solar pv install using a solis invertor setup with eddi and zappi installed.

Anyone experience this or have any ideas what could be causing them to stop transferring data? I tried to re pair them but no joy. They work if they are on the same power circuit in the same room. But what good is that ☹️ Hopefully not an inevitable downside to this ...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

BopperSnr wrote: »
    I use tp-link powerline adapters to get the internet in a lot of rooms in the house.they are no longer working after a solar pv install using a solis invertor setup with eddi and zappi installed.

Anyone experience this or have any ideas what could be causing them to stop transferring data? I tried to re pair them but no joy. They work if they are on the same power circuit in the same room. But what good is that ☹️ Hopefully not an inevitable downside to this ...

Inverters can make the line "noisy"

If you turn the inverter off, do they work?

Did you have a consumer unit change when you got solar?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

Yeah, I was wondering could it be the extra electrical noise that is stopping the network traffic.

no new fuse box installed but they did add a new fuse to the box (see pic). I'd like to run that test by turning off the invertor but not sure what switch to flick. Would I just trip this new fuse or should i turn it off somewhere else on the system (see pics)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Ethernet over power is really only good on the same circuit to begin with, so if you're connecting them across circuits it's going to be flakey to start.

We have a pair and they're fine after solar install. Just turn off the inverter AC supply to test.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

BopperSnr wrote: »
    Yeah, I was wondering could it be the extra electrical noise that is stopping the network traffic.

no new fuse box installed but they did add a new fuse to the box (see pic). I'd like to run that test by turning off the invertor but not sure what switch to flick. Would I just trip this new fuse or should i turn it off somewhere else on the system (see pics)?

Either the mcb marked inverter, or to be sure that big yellow isolator switch either will turn it off and isolate it

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

Thanks, I'll give that a check and see what happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement