Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

New Fascia

• 28-04-2021 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ memorystick

I just got a quote of E4500 for new fascia and gutters to the house. It's 80 metres in total. Bungalow. Sounds shocking dear or am I just out of touch? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭ con747

I think it starts about €40 per metre upwards but that's only from memory a few of years ago when I got mine done. After getting it done though I kicked myself after watching it being done, a job you can do yourself if diy inclined especially on a bungalow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ memorystick

Thanks for the quick reply. There’s an awkward corner that is leaking that he has to open anyway. It’s where the sunroom joins the gable. I wouldn’t have the confidence to do it or the time either. Things are dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭ con747

Always get a minimum of 3 quotes for work like that. Then decide who you think is best for the job. Check they have insurance and are actually qualified and registered and do research on past work to be sure.

Advertisement