Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Room stats

  • 26-04-2021 5:42am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭ Amprodude


    My builder when building our house did not put in room stats in the downstairs rooms. I would like to have that option. Just wondering is it a big job to put them in now?

    I'm at snaglist stage.

    Thanks


Comments

  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭ BryanF


    Is it a developer house/estate?
    Did you speak with electrician & plumber?


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,919 ✭✭✭✭ Calahonda52


    How do you envisage them add value?


  • Subscribers Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭ sydthebeat


    huge job if you are at snagging stage now.

    i assume this isnt a self build?


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,770 ✭✭✭✭ mickdw


    Hard question to answer without knowing the house.
    Its possible, depending on layout and wall type that the actual stats could be located reasonably easy and run back to plant room or whatever way its set up.
    Id assume the house is piped with manifold in a central location that can be accessed to allow individual areas to be controlled


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭ micosoft


    You could probably put in wireless stats. Is it underfloor or rads? Very easy if latter.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭ Amprodude


    sydthebeat wrote: »
    huge job if you are at snagging stage now.

    i assume this isnt a self build?

    Builder


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭ Amprodude


    micosoft wrote: »
    You could probably put in wireless stats. Is it underfloor or rads? Very easy if latter.

    Underfloor


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭ Amprodude


    mickdw wrote: »
    Hard question to answer without knowing the house.
    Its possible, depending on layout and wall type that the actual stats could be located reasonably easy and run back to plant room or whatever way its set up.
    Id assume the house is piped with manifold in a central location that can be accessed to allow individual areas to be controlled

    Exactly one manifold in plant room downstairs and one upstairs too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭ Amprodude


    BryanF wrote: »
    Is it a developer house/estate?
    Did you speak with electrician & plumber?

    Private house


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭ Amprodude


    How do you envisage them add value?

    Nice to be able to set individual rooms downstairs as well as bedrooms.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭ keno-daytrader


    If you are using a heatpump with underfloor, best practice is to have zones, and the less zones the better.

    We have zone 1 downstairs, zone 2 upstairs.


Advertisement