Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Ammunition limit increase

• 23-04-2021 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭ Uinseann_16

Hi all , is anyone familiar with the current procedure for applying for an ammunition increase on a licence? My father recently got a substitution back for a shotgun and they dropped his limit from 500 to 100 for no reason and he needs to get it sorted before summer arrives
    Is it still filling out an FCA2 form with an accompanying note ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭ Vizzy

Is it not just a case of contacting the FO or the Super and outline ( by letter if necessary) that the limit was reduced, and seeking the original limit ?

I think that there are default amounts on Pulse.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cass

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

Also helpful tip if you want an increase - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106712705&postcount=21

Forum Charter - Useful Information - RFDs - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads

If you see a problem post use the report post function, "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Your Shooting Forum Moderators - Cass, Cookimonster, Vegeta, Sparks, It wasn't me!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cass

Did you ever get sorted?

Forum Charter - Useful Information - RFDs - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads

If you see a problem post use the report post function, "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Your Shooting Forum Moderators - Cass, Cookimonster, Vegeta, Sparks, It wasn't me!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ jb88

Quickest way to solve this,
    Send an email to the Super, with all of the details on the licence and why you need the the ammo, and ask him to instruct the firearms officer to whomever it is to amend the details of the licence on pulse and re issue an amended licence.

How do I know this???
    A follow up phone call to the super's secretary to check that its been approved, then ring the FO or even better email them with whats required.

After that you wont ever have this problem with this messing again from that FO.

Ive had one even amended over the phone, the FO can or could actually go into pulse and amend it and re issue a new licence while on the phone to you. Assuming they know how to use pulse. In my case they made a mistake and mixed up the details on two licences, input error. It happens.

These things work quicker than you think when the fire gets lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭ Uinseann_16

Cass wrote: »
    Did you ever get sorted?

Not yet unfortunately

• Advertisement
Advertisement