Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

So, what has the trend got to do with it then? How is it relevant?

What has age adjusted numbers got to do with it. How is it relevant. Your just changing numbers around to suit the argument. Age adjust all the years what does it tell you?

What happened exactly in June 2021 to make the numbers rise significantly from June to December?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

No, it's very relevant that you misrepresent articles and statements.

You linked to that article. You claimed it said something it did not.

You just did it again.

What's the rest of the sentence you just quoted. Why did you cut off the end of it?

Why do you ignore the other quotes I pointed out?

You are trying to deflect and shift the goalposts now you've been caught out.

Truly pathetic. I suspect that you are being confronted with information you had no knowledge of and now can't get yourself out a hole. I have made my point about what people were told. It's no secret.

It's a section of a statement that I had already quoted in full. Go back and read my post again. I'm not hiding anything. You're good for a laugh if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

:-D :-D :-D hardly, just trying to make sense of your garbage

Yes, and to support this, you posted an article that you claimed something you didn't.

You continue to try and mispresent it by editing out parts of sentences that are awkward for your point and just pretending whole sections of that article don't exist. You are either lying about it, or you just never actually read it in the first place.

You can't even be honest now you've been caught out.

This isn't the first time this has happened with you.

A cheap shot, your reply has nothing to do with what I said. You don't actually have an argument.

As I said:

"It's a section of a statement that I had already quoted in full. Go back and read my post again. I'm not hiding anything."

You are approaching desperation now or are you always this confused?

Yes, you previous stated it in full.

Why did you edit the end off the sentence the previous time?

Why would I be desperate? You've already exposed yourself as a liar. You are the one scrambling to weasel away from the point.

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/ePFDxvFD7mY

https://youtu.be/hUohhBRvAsA

https://youtu.be/WcPO7mIR35Y

Just a selection for those too lazy to search

The mantra "safe and effective" repeated endlessly

And again, you're misrepresenting things.

In your second link, there's nothing in there about him claiming 100% anything.

In your third link it's not referring to the vaccines you guys have been railing against this whole thread and it doesn't say it's 100% effective or safe. It says it's 100% effective against severe disease.

And of course, if you actually look into that vaccine beyond what you see in twitter you can find:

Primary vaccination with Beta-containing vaccine candidate delivers 64.7% efficacy against symptomatic infection in adults, and 75.1% efficacy in participants previously infected with COVID-19

Against Omicron, sequencing analysis performed to date shows 72% efficacy in all adults and 93.2% in seropositives

And unfortunately, your first video is no available to me, so I can only assume that you're misrepresenting that as well.

But all of this is just more chaff you're throwing out to avoid the points you don't want to think about anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

How are age adjusted numbers relevant to a discussion about deaths and excess mortality?

You really have to ask the question? Seriously?

The age adjusted figures show no excess mortality for the latter part of 2021.

What happened in July 2017 to make the number rise significantly from July to December?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

aw boo hoo.

You said viruses through natural selection become weaker, and argued that I didn't understand the science....

By that logic, we shouldn't worry about any other flu viruses, ebola, measles etc... because they had their time to shine, and will naturally just be weaker versions than before?

You can quote studies all you like. I was talking about what people were told.

They were told it was 100% safe and effective. They weren't directed to the manufacturer website to check it for themselves. Most were told little about the detail or trusted what they were told.

It was sold to the public as the only way out of it. It was called a vaccine because they wanted people to believe that it would eradicate the disease.

The reality is it hasn't lived up to the high expectations that were set. The more we did to control it the worse it got.

Accept that or not I don't care but this is where we are. I know a lot of people are hurting because they have been let down and taken for fools. You need to get past that. Shaking your fist at the moon will do you no good. Lashing out at strangers on the internet is not going to solve anything. The truth is being revealed more and more each day. Direct your anger at those that deserve it.

Yes, that will happen. I'm not saying we shouldn't worry about the serious ones now just that in time they will become milder. Ebola is a perfect example. It has a high case fatality rate and therefore doesn't spread as effectively as flu so it's not as effective at doing what it wants to do - find hosts to spread through the population and replicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭jackboy

What about Smallpox? Virulent and deadly for centuries.

Very much more deadly in the past and eradicated by inoculation and vaccination. Like Ebola it's spread by contact so doesn't have the same opportunity as an airborne virus. But I'm not a virologist and the discussion is mainly about flu like viruses which are airborne.

unfortunately not the case, it's not a guarantee that it will always mutate into a less dangerous version of itself.

As you said in a later post, you're not a virologist, so please stop claiming things then which are blatantly false.

• Administrators Posts: 13,764 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@DrFrost a number of your posts have been actioned for being irrelevant and personally attacking posters.

All posters are reminded to attack the post, not the poster. If you find yourself getting wound up by someone log off for a while.

I will be reviewing the thread later and posts that breach the charter will receive warnings, which are accumulative.

• Advertisement

Aight, I'm retiring from this forum again. It sucks, anyway. Good luck going 'round in circles with the usual; my work here is done 😄👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not making any comment on you decision but for clarity can you define personal attack.

My friend died a few hours after his second jab, a few more now have heart problems and we're being called liars and being told it never happened.

It's one poster that continually uses the words, liar and grifter and adds nothing to the thread but whataboutery and this had been going on way before COVID have a look back at his vaccine posts from 10yrs +. On any other thread he would be called a troll and managed accordingly. (That's not a hit on you as your only catching up)

There's a conversation to be had and this thread will probably be around for a while, the whataboutery needs to end, it's trolling an an epic level and I'd bet more that one person has those logins as it's cut and paste every day.

I like the way the thread is modded you get all perspectives it's the unnecessary and never backed up whataboutery is the killer from one source in particular.

2019 31,134

2020 31,765

2021 33,055

Total all cause mortality. How can you claim there are no excess deaths. It's despicable.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I know a few people who died after the jab though no one close yet.

Thankfully I stopped a few close family members from getting. Not all had the will to get through the restrictions and felt they had no other choice but to get the jab. They are okay so far.

You have continually demonstrated you are incapable of understanding the concept of excess deaths.

If you can't grasp the concept of how total deaths need to be age adjusted to take into account changing population demographics across years, that's on you.

Then I will assume it's irrelevant until you grace us with your wisdom and offer an explanation.

The explanation should of course include how the population suddenly changed in June 2021 despite the restrictions.

It has already been explained to you.

For example, this is from the CSO, already posted on the thread:

A rise in deaths from one year to another is not automatically considered to be excess deaths. The number of deaths per calendar year has followed an increasing trend since 2010.

Why do you think that is?

Could it have anything to do with an aging population?

You present the data for 2015-2019 and 2021 as if they represented comparisons of the same population. But they aren't. Ireland's population has increased as a whole and also by more than the general increase, in the over 65s and over 80s.

This is why we need 'age adjusted' figures.

The numbers of deaths per 100 000 population are influenced by the age distribution of the population. 

I know all that. I does not in any way explain the sudden rise in deaths exactly half way through the year.

What was the sudden change in June 2021 that accounts for the rise in deaths. Where did all the old people suddenly appear from?

This is your last opportunity I will not ask again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It can't be nonsense when you keep referencing it yourself :) Agree to cut your pedantic nonsense or continue living in the dark like a fungus.

Advertisement