Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

In Europe you can due to CMA, feel free to start your own case and let us know how you get on, there are 0 barriers for you to do this unless you don't make much money from the crypto schemes you undoubtedly try and invested in.

Under trump's warp speed program, the vaccine makers were indemnified in the US.

A few minutes of reading about vaccines and the COVID vaccines would fill you in a lot more as that isn't the case. Vaccine effectiveness against severe disease remains high and better than many older vaccines, COVID does mutate but the spike protein is relatively stable which lets the vaccine created antibodies attack it effectively. Vaccines also see a reduction in infectiousness and symptoms with the highest effect being a couple of weeks after being vaccinated with waning effects from thereon (with severe symptom reduction remaining high as previously stated).

Which applies to the flu as well.... And in spite of mutations, you're still protected to a pretty strong degree ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol.

Whatever you say man.

Maybe while you're doing that you can stop lying and calling people shills when you're in the midst of a tantrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Ok lets leave it there, you agreed in your own way. we'll see who's the most honorable and honest person between the two of us.

I'll leave you alone and you I.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

I see the thread has derailed into personal and political slagging...

Nice to see Bill Gates making a parody, I thought he was the enemy? I assume because there is a semblance of support of antivax he's being praised.... it'll be nice to see if that suppprt is still there if he announces he is investing in research of said vaccine....

either way, still no plausible counter arguments as to why the vaccine is unsafe...

keep up the good work guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

The anti-vaxxers including those anti-Vaxxer’s that pretend they are skeptics have wasted 18 months of their lives spreading lies pushed by grifters, at no benefit to themselves Great work guys. Ye are hilarious.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭hometruths

Nice to see Bill Gates making a parody, I thought he was the enemy? I assume because there is a semblance of support of antivax he's being praised.... it'll be nice to see if that suppprt is still there if he announces he is investing in research of said vaccine....

Bill Gates is not my enemy, I praised him because he is acknowledging the flaws in the current crop of vaccines, and the related government policies.

And I'd definitely support him if he said he was investing in research of the vaccine to create one that prevents symptomatic infections. i.e one that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Personal and political slagging because people are realising now theyve wasted 2 years of their lives deep in a conspiracy that was never happening and are angry with themselves.

But the current vaccines do work.

Why are you now claiming that they don't all of a sudden?

And can I take your complete dodge of the question as an admission you've given up trying to find where that study said what you claimed it said?

I've been claiming the same thing for a while. The vaccines were approved to prevent symptomatic infection. Every case of symptomatic infection is a case of vaccine failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Page 222, vaccines still safe, still effective and the world is still round!

But you just said that they don't work.

You previously agreed that they were effective in reducing severe disease. Why did you suddenly change your position on that.

And again, you ignore a straight forward question.

You cannot find the quote, so you were in fact lying when you claimed the paper say something it didn't.

Why did you do this?

Yup. It's just Hometruths grasping at out of context quotes to pretend that the vaccines don't work.

They've got nothing left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,950 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

323'll be back and hometruths will magically find the part of some talk that sort-of confirms what they believe, after spending 20 minutes watching it on a Saturday afternoon. Of course, homey never did say how he was led to exactly that part of the talk.

But, it's Thursday and the weather's been grand the last week or so, so feck 'em I'm out to work in the yard.

But you just said that they don't work.

You previously agreed that they were effective in reducing severe disease. Why did you suddenly change your position on that.

I haven't changed my position on that. Once again you choose to misrepresent my position and post lies. It's very tedious. To remind you:

This is my problem with the vaccines. When the vaccines were first rolled out the clear expectation was that the primary function was to prevent catching Covid.

When it became abundantly clear that this was not working as intended, but they were having good effect in preventing serious illness and death, very few vaccine proponents acknowledged this. It was spun as if the primary function all along was to reduce serious illness and death, and anybody who thought they were taking the vaccine to prevent them getting Covid just didn't understand how vaccines worked.

This is total and utter nonsense, and as far as I am concerned it undermines all subsequent claims about the vaccine efficacy and safety.

And again, you ignore a straight forward question.

You cannot find the quote, so you were in fact lying when you claimed the paper say something it didn't.

Why did you do this?

I am ignoring this because it is total nonsense. You are asking me for a quote to prove something I didn't claim the paper said, it's bizarre behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a poster on this forum has chosen not to be convinced of something.

But you're basing this idea of the vaccines "not working" on your personal narrow definition of one out of context quote.

All the while you keep conveniently forgetting and ignoring things like how the vaccines were most effective against a strain of the virus that's been wiped out, and that the vaccines are still effective at reducing the symptoms of the virus.

The vaccines work.

And you did claim that the paper suggested that the vaccines would impair long term immunity.

You've been asked repeatedly to quote where the paper says this.

Do so now. Quote the text.

Or, admit it doesn't.

Ignoring it again will be you admitting you lied.

Or he'll find some article in an obscure paper that he just so happens to read every day...

But you're basing this idea of the vaccines "not working" on your personal narrow definition of one out of context quote.

No I am not. I am basing this idea based on the regulatory approval reports of the EU, the USA, Canada and the United Kingdom - which I have quoted and linked to. I am also basing this idea of the vaccines "not working" on the definition of "vaccine failure" - which I have also quoted and linked to.

And you did claim that the paper suggested that the vaccines would impair long term immunity.

No I did not. I stated that there was a clear trend over a period of about 6 months in which the vaccinated were contracting Covid at a higher rate than the unvaccinated. I expressly said I did not know why this was the case, my point was I did not find the explanation offered credible.

Yes, as I said, you are basing them on narrow personal definitions of out of context quotes that you can't support out of your personal interpretation

Do you agree that the vaccines were effective at stopping the variant they were initially designed for?

Do you agree that the vaccines are still effective at reducing the severity of the virus now?

And I am referring to the Israeli News article that you posted.

You were making the claim about the paper referenced in that.

But as you brought it up, we're still waiting for you to point out any other evidence to support you claim about the reports as well.

Can you point to any other evidence that indicates that this trend is happening and possibly caused by the vaccine?

Can you point to any one other than yourself and other similarly untrained, biased conspiracy theorists who are concerned about this data?

Again you've been asked that before too, but you ignored it because you couldn't answer it.

• Advertisement

And I am referring to the Israeli News article that you posted.

You were making the claim about the paper referenced in that.

You're full of sh*t. This is why I ignore your requests. I didn't post any Israeli News article.

Ah, apologies, I confused you with another poster who posts in a similar style as yourself and has a similar issue with misrepresenting things.

See how quickly things can be cleared up if you don't ignore them and just address them directly.

Now, do you agree that the vaccines were effective at stopping the variant they were initially designed for?

Do you agree that the vaccines are still effective at reducing the severity of the virus now?

Can you point to any other evidence that indicates that this trend is happening and possibly caused by the vaccine?

Can you point to any one other than yourself and other similarly untrained, biased conspiracy theorists who are concerned about this data?

Ah, apologies, I confused you with another poster who posts in a similar style as yourself and has a similar issue with misrepresenting things.

And therein lies the problem. Rather than engage, discuss and debate specific posts and posters in good faith you just parrot the same rubbish again and again in reply to every post and every poster.

It's no wonder you get confused, thus posters ignore you because it's clear you're talking nonsense, even whilst you're unaware of it, and you've only got yourself to blame.

No man, between the number reregs and people pretending not to be conspiracy theorists and all of the question dodging, I don't bother to keep careful track all that much.

What part of my questions to you were nonsense?

Do you agree that the vaccines were effective at stopping the variant they were initially designed for?

Since you ignored them again, you concede the answers.

You agree that the vaccines work.

You aren't able to point to any other evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

She was triple jabbed

• Subscribers Posts: 40,981 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

its absolutely disgraceful from you to try to push this poor womans death to further your sick twisted agenda of lies and misinformation around covid.

shows you to be the absolute scum you are !!! you should be so fcuking ashamed but i doubt you have the brain power to even realise what you are doing.

Was it the vaccine?

Why are you claiming it was the Vaccine?

How do you know if she was even vaccinated?

Ok. How do you know it was the vaccines?

Does that story even say that it was the vaccines or is that just something being made up by the ghoul who made the tweet you're swallowing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement