Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Covid vaccines safety

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭ Phishnet

Last response didn’t answer the question posed, answer it or have you the ability to think, think Man, think.

“A fool can be educated, but cannot be thought to think.”

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭ King Mob

Lol. Dude, how many questions and points have you dodged in these last few pages?

Be honest.

And of course, you're asking a question I don't think you can actually answer yourself in the context of the conspiracy you believe.

Because that isn't supplied to you by your twitter grifters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭ Dohnjoe

The Irish government are removing restrictions because hospitalizations are relatively alright (despite the high case numbers)

This time last year, we weren't vaccinated, so the equivalent numbers were hospitalizing (and killing) many more people, proportionally. Now that we are vaccinated, despite very high and record case numbers, our national health system is not under critical pressure like it was in the past. Likewise in the UK, they are experiencing very high cases, but again, their health system is not under critical strain like it was in the past (thanks mainly to vaccines) ergo they don't need additional lockdowns or high levels of restrictions

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 23,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭ robinph

Wondering if someone who knows extentsive details about which variants of covid that people in ICU have due to having chats with their sibling, but who has been flying back and forth to the US and needing to get vaccinated despite not believing in vaccines has ever had a chat with their sibling about if vaccines work or not. Seems that the consultant is happy to chat about covid with their anti vax sibling, but hasn't mentioned to them anything about getting a booster jab and leaves the anti vaxer to source their information from conspiracy sites instead.

Something doesn't seem to add up with the stories.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭ hometruths

Stephen Donnelly said yesterday on Newstalk that most covid patients in ICU had been in for a while with Delta.

• Advertisement

Ok. So can you quote where he said this or should we just take your word for it? Cause that would be a very silly thing for people to do given how you guys have been utterly dishonest throughout this thread. You've misrepresented things and out right lied about quotes before.

Also, is this the same Stephen Donnelly who's behind the push for the vaccines?

Why would he claim this if it shows that the vaccines aren't effective and that there's a conspiracy going on?

Is he lying when he claims that people should get the vaccines and boosters, but telling the truth about who has which variant?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ shillyshilly

shhh ... you're not supposed to mention the part they don't agree with

• Registered Users Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭ Igotadose

He said 60% were unvaccinated. He didn't say most were in with Delta, he wasn't specific about how many had Delta and how many didn't.

An estimated two-thirds of anti-vax disinfo created by just 12 influencers, I remember this being reported last year aswell. They put out nonsense and their supporters will blindly evangelise it.

https://news.sky.com/story/two-thirds-of-anti-vax-propaganda-online-created-by-just-12-influencers-research-finds-12521910

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 23,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭ robinph

Of the just 2% of hospital staff in Ireland who are unvaccinated, you just happen to be related to one of the likely even lower percentage of consultants who are unvaccinated and also happens to have access to information that the government doesn't appear to be aware of regarding the diagnosis of which variant anyone in ICU has... And rather than sharing that information with the relevant bodies to analyse the numbers, they instead tell their sibling who posts about it on a conspiracy theory forum.

Why are you going down this batshiat silly route?

There's a global pandemic. Considering that these are health professionals, I am pretty shocked that 2% of them are unvaccinated. The "my body my choice" excuse doesn't wash, these health workers can be facing at-risk clients, and they've chosen to increase the risk to others by not being vaccinated - it's literally their profession.

Lol and when you're cornered again you dodge ignore and throw out a new tangent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭ Hoop66

It's because he's a liar. But we all knew that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭ whippet

I haven’t looked in here for a week or so - and I still see the round about argument with the same posters.

Just ignore them.

As has been pointed out many times the overwhelming evidence is that these vaccines are safe and effective.

Hospital refuses heart transplant for man who refuses to vaccinate

Organs are in extremely short supply - talk about a choosey beggar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭ Igotadose

2 kids, another on the way, 31 years old and needs a heart transplant (which is pretty damned interesting, pretty young and was it wise to have kids with such a dangerous defect? A discussion for another thread.) Typical massively selfish anti-vaxxer not looking beyond his own navel, leaving those precious kids that I'm sure he'd claim to do anything for, fatherless. Glad the hospital is following good medical procedure, can't waste precious organs.

Exactly, and since organs are so rare, and the procedures are so complex, the staff need to know if the patient will adhere to medical policies afterwards (to keep the patient alive, fight off infection, specific diets, specific medication, etc). Basically they need to vet patients to make sure they are not wasting a precious organ. This guy is demonstrating to everyone that he's a waste of a donor organ, and as you mentioned, his level of selfishness in regards to his kids is off the charts.

No my brother is fully vaccinated, sorry to burst your bubble

• Advertisement

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not", nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

But why would your imaginary doctor brother do this if he believes that the vaccines aren't effective?

Does he know that you are spilling the secret information he gave you on boards?

To uphold your dignity:

I will listen with curiosity and without judgment, recognizing that behind every illness is a human story.

I will respect your privacy and treat you with kindness, empathy and humility.

I will empower you; I will give you voice and offer you choice.

I will cure when possible, heal to the extent that I am capable and comfort you always.

To offer my best self:

I will remember that I am worthy of this profession and the privilege of caring for you.

I will embrace my imperfections with compassion, viewing them not as failures but as opportunities for growth. 

I will practice and promote self-care, openly sharing my vulnerabilities to create safe spaces for healing. 

I will be courageous and willing to risk failure, admit error, and ask for forgiveness.

To foster collaboration and mutuality: 

I will work with others on your team, united by the common goal of caring for you. 

I will recognize the expertise of your lived experience and share decisions in partnership with you. 

I will ask for help when I reach the boundaries of my abilities and offer help to those reaching theirs. 

I will cultivate a culture of resilience, advocating for structural changes to support my profession.

To practice the highest quality of care:

I will be a lifelong learner, recognizing that medicine is an ever-changing art and science.

I will advance knowledge through scholarship and innovation, guided by integrity.

I will celebrate the hard-earned progress made by those who came before me and share this learning with those who seek it.

To care for all:

I will embrace my citizenship in humanity and my obligation to act for the benefit of all human beings.

I will challenge my biases, striving to provide care that is inclusive of all aspects of identity.

I will combat structural oppression, promote social justice and model ethical action.

I will leverage my position of privilege to confront health inequities and restructure systems that fail you.

Today:

I stand with my peers in solidarity, united by our professions and these promises.

I celebrate where I have come from and look to the future with hope.

With gratitude to all who have supported me, I take this oath freely, joyfully and upon my honor.

What are you on about, the majority of people in ICU have been there before omicron variant presented in the Country. What bit of that do you not get….. food goes in here. My brother is fully vaccinated, but some hospital staff still have reservations, this is allowed in a free democratic society, isn’t it.

Yes so you keep saying. But you can't seem to actually show this and have to lie about having a doctor brother to support it.

If your imaginary brother agrees with your claims that the vaccines are useless, why did he get vaccinated?

Does he know that you are saying this stuff online and outing him as the source of this secret information that the vaccines are useless?

Lol. Why have you copy pasted this? What has it got to do with any point being made about a vaccines?

Because he was misinformed, like you and me, that when you get vaccinated that’s it, you are almost immune and you cannot get or spread the virus. What a load of tripe that turned out to be.

You obviously haven’t got the capacity to read the previous posts about a man who was denied a heart transplant because he was unvaccinated. Not really in line with the Hippocratic oath now, is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,479 ✭✭✭✭ Timberrrrrrrr

There are criteria to getting a transplant, this man refused to follow the rules. Better the heart goes to someone deserving who will make full use of it rather than someone who will risk killing himself and that heart due to being seriously in danger.

This same man that won't get a vaccine is happy to have a heart from another person inserted into his chest and then take multiple anti rejection drugs for the rest of his life,

• Advertisement

But how could he be misinformed when he's a doctor? Are you just better at medicine and science than he is?

And again does he know that you are leaking the fact he's your source for this classified information. (That you can't actually show is true.)?

Why not ask your pretend brother about all of the other reasons why people can be turned down for organ transplants?

If a guy who is misinformed and ignorant like that gets a new organ why would he listen to doctors went they tell him about all of the stuff he needs to keep doing to stay healthy with a new organ? One example of which is maybe needing to be vaccinated because transplant recipients are generally immunosuppressed.

Would be a bit pointless to give him an organ when he's needlessly taking risks with it.

Advertisement