Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Opening Up International Travel/Opening up the country.

• 21-04-2021 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭ saabsaab

Before anyone says it I know its not an either/or but probably a mix of Covid restrictions on both for some time yet.

BUT

If it was a choice would you prefer a less restrictive foreign travel system this summer or a more open internal system? Variants permitting.

Which would you prefer if there was just two choices 9 votes

Open up foreign travel restrict locally
    88% 8 votes
    Open up locally restrict foreign (Quarantines) etc)
    11% 1 vote
    I don't care
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭ hmmm

Neither. Vaccinate everyone, open it up, get on with our lives.

If a new super-Covid emerges somewhere else we can close our borders then, but we shouldn't have them closed "in case".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭ Berties_Horse

Dissolving those county boundaries without delay and allowing travel up and down the country. In tandem with hospitality re-opening, being to enjoy the Wild Atlantic Way for instance without pitching a tent and taking pleasure in a jar after a day hiking among the hills. I can park the holiday abroad until next year, all things considered it's not the end of the world.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 34,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Baggly

Mod

I see no need for a separate thread on this. PLease visit the travel thread that already exists, or the relaxation of restrictions thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement