Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Capital Cities of the World - PEEHS [Closing: 30th April]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Could one enter two lists of answers for this?

To test a theory, like...... be interested to see which would do better.... rest assured that on past performance indicators, neither would have a snowball's chance in hell of winning!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

To test a theory, like...... be interested to see which would do better.... rest assured that on past performance indicators, neither would have a snowball's chance in hell of winning!

Theoretically I have no issue with two submissions. Could someone clever than me advise if this would result in an unfair advantage, and disadvantage other contestents?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Eeep my geography is woeful, but I'm in, and hopefully I'll learn some new capitals in the reveal!

Okay, am thinking that two entries probably not a good idea - you'd know to avoid duplicates between the two enteries which isn't someting that any other player can benefit from.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

You could run the test without entering, just compare your answers after the reveal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

quickbeam wrote: »
    Okay, am thinking that two entries probably not a good idea - you'd know to avoid duplicates between the two enteries which isn't someting that any other player can benefit from.

What's the penalty for asking is the more pertinent question I feel.

If Heidi, or anyone, wants to send a second set, I can plug in to the sheepulator after the contest and let them know the effect it would have had if they were included instead of, or as well as the original, official answers submitted.

24 players:

aaronjennings
    ari101
    Barna77
    beakerjoe
    bubblypop
    cdeb
    cee_jay
    cj maxx
    Collie D
    Declan A Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Irish Iris
    Kolido
    miamee
    Necro
    Noo
    nothing
    Omackeral
    Purgative
    Reberetta
    Sawduck
    Sheridan81
    Strawberry (bored) Milkshake
    Zaph

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Getting excited for the off now! :)

Kolido wrote: »
    You could run the test without entering, just compare your answers after the reveal.
    If Heidi, or anyone, wants to send a second set, I can plug in to the sheepulator after the contest and let them know the effect it would have had if they were included instead of, or as well as the original, official answers submitted.
    I wasn't trying to rig or game my entry, honest!!

Yeah, I get why two entries might/would skew the results.

When are you closing this, so I don't miss the deadline.....

• Advertisement

When are you closing this, so I don't miss the deadline.....

Whenever I get bored waiting for new entries :P

Will probably give it another week anyway.

Whenever I get bored waiting for new entries :P

Will probably give it another week anyway.
    Excellent approach!

Far too much gorgeous sunshine out there to be soaked up, to be poring over capital cities that I can't remember :cool:

Will get my list(s) in to you soon..... when the sun goes in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

In :) just posting so I remember I've entered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Never did one of these. So I just PM quickbeam with the least popular capital in each of 15 sets? And whats a PEEHS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Never did one of these. So I just PM quickbeam with the least popular capital in each of 15 sets? And whats a PEEHS?

The opposite of SHEEP :D and yes, if you can work out what will be least popular... :pac:

Welcome :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep, what you think is the most obscure or least popular capital in each group. The fewer people who agree with you, the lower your score for that round. Lowest overall score wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Cool, should be easy enoug...

Oh damn, UK and Ireland are in the same group. That's one correct answer less

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Cool, should be easy enoug...

Oh damn, UK and Ireland are in the same group. That's one correct answer less

One thing I've found is people often go for the most obscure answer , meaning it scores low while they avoid the 'obvious ' ,hence high scoring , answer!
    I think.

cj maxx wrote: »
    One thing I've found is people often go for the most obscure answer , meaning it scores low while they avoid the 'obvious ' ,hence high scoring , answer!
    I think.

In Peehs you want to score low though. So unless by low you mean bad which is actually high. But then if you go for obvious and score low meaning good, then others might try that strategy too and then obvious becomes high meaning bad so you should actually go for obscure after all.

:P

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

In Peehs you want to score low though. So unless by low you mean bad which is actually high. But then if you go for obvious and score low meaning good, then others might try that strategy too and then obvious becomes high meaning bad so you should actually go for obscure after all.

:P

:D
    After Homer Simpson been unchosen on the tv characters game, anything is possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Correctly identifying capital cities is a strong subject for me.
    Choosing good PEEHS answers, however, is a far more difficult prospect.
    This :o

I'm in. Very happy with my answers but will no doubt be infuriated come the reveal :D

I’m in.

Up to 28 players:

aaronjennings
    alchemist33
    ari101
    Barna77
    beakerjoe
    bubblypop
    cdeb
    cee_jay
    cj maxx
    Collie D
    Declan A Walsh
    dobman88
    Electric Nitwit
    Homer J. Fong
    Irish Iris
    Kolido
    miamee
    Necro
    Noo
    nothing
    Omackeral
    Purgative
    Reberetta
    Rikand
    Sawduck
    Sheridan81
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Zaph

Still waiting on Trigger, Heidi and Kathleen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Mine will be in today.

Tonight, latest! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

In ,hpping my "knowledge" of geography from following Liverpool FC, Rep of Ire and watching the olympics comes in handy, though I doubt it will work out that easy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm in, just give me the spoon now and get it over with

32 players:

aaronjennings
    alchemist33
    ari101
    Barna77
    beakerjoe
    bubblypop
    cdeb
    cee_jay
    cj maxx
    Collie D
    Declan A Walsh
    dobman88
    Electric Nitwit
    HeidiHeidi
    Homer J. Fong
    Irish Iris
    Kolido
    miamee
    Necro
    Neowise
    Noo
    nothing
    Omackeral
    Purgative
    Reberetta
    Rikand
    Sawduck
    Sephiroth_dude
    ShaneU
    Sheridan81
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Zaph

We go with Friday evening for reveal, if nothing else clashes. Can still take new entries right up until the reveal starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Sorry quick beam, I don't see my name on the list, if u didn't get it, can I re enter

Advertisement