Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fitted Kitchens

• 21-04-2021 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with getting fitted kitchens from Morris's DIY? Currently looking at changing our 20 year old kitchen and looking around at the local options for both buying and fitting a new modern style kitchen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭JimWinters

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with getting fitted kitchens from Morris's DIY? Currently looking at changing our 20 year old kitchen and looking around at the local options for both buying and fitting a new modern style kitchen.

I got my kitchen designed and priced in Woodies & Morris, found them both grand tbh. Cash & Carry kitchens took no notice of ya and didn’t call us back twice after visiting the showroom.

We went with Edward Nolan furniture design in the end. Same product, better price, good service and quality work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

We bought a new kitchen last year and after exploring all the companies in Waterford we went with Morris's - excellent customer service. Plenty of communication and the design process was customer focussed. Plenty of room to change around designs and her suggestions were very good.

Installation was also great and we did have an issue with a drawer a few months later which was sorted and replaced very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Was thinking of getting a new kitchen myself. Just wondering. Does Morris's take care of it all in terms of installation? Electrical, plumbing, tiling the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

BBM77 wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting a new kitchen myself. Just wondering. Does Morris's take care of it all in terms of installation? Electrical, plumbing, tiling the works.

id imagine if they dont, they ll be able to put you onto the right people, sounds like its impossible to get people at the moment though, also serious supply chain issues, have some stuff stuck in germany at the moment, none building related though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

BBM77 wrote: »

We had other work being done so had a plumber and electrician on site to do that work. Tiler was also external and worktop supplied and fitted by Stone Solutions in Wexford.

I do think that Morris's have a supplier list too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

John Day (kitchen's today) did mine a couple of years back.

Outstanding from start to finish in every aspect.
    Price, service, quality, communication... Absolutely brilliant.

I had gone to 8 different kitchen suppliers. Morris' were good quality, and price was ok, but I think I was just a bit unlucky with the chap in there that I was dealing with. Very unenthusiastic about his work!

I was also surprisingly impressed with what Homebase had to offer. They were actually best value for money and the lady I dealt with was unbelievably helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭MentalMario

JimWinters wrote: »
    I got my kitchen designed and priced in Woodies & Morris, found them both grand tbh. Cash & Carry kitchens took no notice of ya and didn’t call us back twice after visiting the showroom.

We went with Edward Nolan furniture design in the end. Same product, better price, good service and quality work

Had a similar experience with Cash & Carry kitchens. No call back from them after two requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭slystallone

Anyone know what the panels used to cover fridge,dishwashers, washing machines etc so that they blend in with the press/cupboard boards?

Advertisement