Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Recommend a good detective crime series..

124»

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭sporina


    Do The Tunnel and the American version of The Bridge follow the exact same story lines as Bron/Broen?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭brian_t


    Masala wrote: »
    Guys. Tried to find Bron/broen and it’s not on Prime or Netflix. Am I using the right spelling in the Search??

    https://librariesireland.iii.com/iii/encore/record/C__Rb4951790__SThe%20Bridge%20dvd__P0%2C12__Orightresult__U__X1?lang=eng&suite=def


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated


    E mac wrote: »
    Law and Order original series?

    I love SVU. Oh, and criminal minds.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭ollaetta


    sporina wrote: »
    Do The Tunnel and the American version of The Bridge follow the exact same story lines as Bron/Broen?

    Can't speak for the American show but The Tunnel is not exactly the same, particularly in Series 2 and 3. I thought Clémence Poésy was very good in the "Saga" role.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭sporina


    Prime Suspect, Cracker and Bron/Broen have me ruined.. have tried a good few since and none are hitting the spot.. the bench mark is too high - but I am particular in fairness.. tried the 1st episodes of Frost and Taggert.. found them v v basic to say the least - do they get better as they go on? and if so, from what seasons?

    Tried River - not for me.
    Spiral - love the sound of it but man soo gruesome - mayb I should persist with it?

    Thanks for your patience.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭OldRio


    Wallender. A number of different versions out there. Very dark.
    Morse. Very cerebral. It was the standard setter. It may have aged.
    Endeavour. A spin off from Morse. Set in the Sixties. Very good and underrated. Although one or two duds.
    Cracker has been mentioned.

    All the above have a very interesting main character with many flaws.
    Wallender with Krister Henriksson as the lead would be my pick.


  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac


    poisonated wrote: »
    I love SVU. Oh, and criminal minds.

    One time I liked SVU but now I absolutely can't stand it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭smilerf


    E mac wrote: »
    One time I liked SVU but now I absolutely can't stand it.
    Gone way too political
    Can't stand Rollins and Kat
    LIV is boring
    Carisi and Finn are good but that's it
    Barboza or whatever his name is missed


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭Alun


    OldRio wrote: »
    Wallender with Krister Henriksson as the lead would be my pick.
    I agree. The "films" based on the original Mankell books starring Rolf Lassgård are pretty good too.

    Forget the BBC version with Kenneth Brannagh though, absolutely dreadful.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Talisman


    sporina wrote: »
    Prime Suspect, Cracker and Bron/Broen have me ruined.. have tried a good few since and none are hitting the spot.. the bench mark is too high - but I am particular in fairness.. tried the 1st episodes of Frost and Taggert.. found them v v basic to say the least - do they get better as they go on? and if so, from what seasons?

    Tried River - not for me.
    Spiral - love the sound of it but man soo gruesome - mayb I should persist with it?

    Thanks for your patience.
    Have you looked at The Sinner? It's on Netflix but was on BBC a few years ago.

    I think the story took about 4 episodes to begin to get really interesting. The final 30 seconds or so of each episode was the hook for the following episode - that annoyed me and I never bothered with the subsequent seasons but have been considering revisiting it.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Dav010


    Not really a detective crime series, I just finished Snowfall, it’s about crack epidemic in LA in early 90s, CIA involvement and battle between gangs and police. It is very good, 4 series with another one coming next year.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart


    otnomart wrote: »
    Coming up on BBC 1: The Pact

    Following the story of a group of friends, a sudden death and a web of lies - six-part thriller - Made in Wales

    https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2021/the-pact-first-look/


    Am watching this at BBC pace, 4 episodes in, and finding it quite good


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭sporina


    OldRio wrote: »
    Wallender. A number of different versions out there. Very dark.
    Morse. Very cerebral. It was the standard setter. It may have aged.
    Endeavour. A spin off from Morse. Set in the Sixties. Very good and underrated. Although one or two duds.
    Cracker has been mentioned.

    All the above have a very interesting main character with many flaws.
    Wallender with Krister Henriksson as the lead would be my pick.

    can't find the original Wallander.. would love to see it...

    trying to get into the UK version what was made in Sweden (why?).. will give it one more episode before deciding whether to continue or not


  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque


    beertons wrote: »
    No to The Wire?

    How about Bosch. Or Dirty John.

    Can't believe how easily I'd dismissed Bosch just on it's name and the thumbnail for it on Amazon Prime.

    I'm halfway through season 3 and absolutely loving it - great reccomendation!


Advertisement