Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not Another Leinster vs Munster build-up/match thread Sat 24th April 7:35pm

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

VayNiice wrote: »
    Noticed a few people commenting on the 42 and here saying Ryan deserved to be raked out of it by Archer and even calling him a "coward".

It might have been part of the "good ol days" but those days are gone and Archer absolutely deserved that card. Players lie on the wrong side in every game and Archer is particularly prone to it. Also - getting a few studs in the back/legs/arse is one thing but the groin/stomach is scummy.

Ryan was spot on calling him a fat c#nt. Sure didnt we all love hearing Flannery calling Steve Thompson the same?

My view was that it should have been Red. Also the high contact in the Ruck was arguably a Yellow.

Anyone who does anything that is not within laws of the game that could injure a player should be considered for a Red card especially if you can bring on another player in twenty minutes.

The high tackle thing, well my young lad got a concussion recently (not from Rugby). But really got me reading up on it more and we really need to ensure that anything that can injure the head just goes from the game. I am wincing watching bad tackles and seeing them not getting the proper sanction.

It's possible to tackle someone low and get them to ground and not go near the head. If a tackler wants to go higher around the chest, they need to execute properly or else face the sanction. Same in Soccer, you want to slide tackle, do it properly or else you are carded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭theVersatile

leakyboots wrote: »
    I'd agree with others, Ringrose's form hasn't hit the previous heights. It'll be interesting to see how he finishes the season, the like of Tom Farrell, Hume, DDA and Henshaw have outperfomed him over the season in my opinion. At his best he's fantastic mind. !

Do you mean Tom Daly rather than Tom Farrell? I swear Farrell has barely played all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Do you mean Tom Daly rather than Tom Farrell? I swear Farrell has barely played all season.

You'd be correct in that he's barely played.

Farrell has played 4 games this season - last one coming in November - completing 80 minutes twice.

Glasgow, Edinburgh, Scarlets and Zebre.

Small bit of hyperbole on OPs part

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Must be Daly I'm thinking of

Advertisement