Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Abscess on tooth.

The pain.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Notifications for access to the soccer forum, the whole site must nearly have requested access at this stage! 😤😠😡🤬

(All my notifications are switched off, it's a bug from the failed update during the recent downtime.)

People wanting to cling on to caution with regard to covid. It's time to move on from all this and get back to normality.

We were told that vaccination wouldn't stop new cases happening but would hugely decrease the chances of needing hospitalisation. A lot of us have done our bit and got the vaccine ( even though it's debatable if a lot of us even needed one ) to get us out of this and back to normal and now they keep going on about numbers increasing and concern over the delta variant and further potential mutations. Why should that be a problem now? Is that not what was sold to us with regard to getting vaccination? That it would still spread but stop hospitalisation.

Scientists coming out with their concerns about the unknowns and how we should remain cautious. And Joe soaps who have gotten so caught up in the fear of it all ( which is understandable after the fear bombardment ) that they're worried or against opening up too quick or dropping restrictions too quick.

Even with this push to vaccinate children now when the evidence is showing that it doesn't affect children badly but then they'll say oh but we don't know yet if they'll suffer things like long covid.

There's a lot of what ifs and unknowns that are driving this push to remain cautious and cling on to this current bullsh!t rule for this rule for that.

How long do these people want to remain cautious ( meanwhile doing even more damage to people's mental health ) ? What, like monitor for the next few years and keep on with this bullsh!t just incase? When does it end like? Should I be concerned about getting knocked down crossing the road and never cross a road?

Open up everything ta fuk. The vulnerable are vaccinated as are the majority of us. Let everyone into indoor dining etc. and drop the masks etc. If you didn't get vaccinated that's your choice. There's already unvaccinated people working in hospitality who will be working indoors but yet unvaccinated customers can't go indoors. It doesn't make sense. The UK will be proven to be right in their approach to opening everything up I would bet.

tldr, I'm fukin sick of all this covid sh!te and the people pushing to cling on to caution. Let's move on ta fuk and not be living lives in fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,694 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

my Dad collapsed and was taken ill last night and taken to hospital by ambulance following the fall... this about 11-12 hours ago...the paramedics didn’t want anybody to go with him on account of Covid, very understandable.

we were assured by the paramedics that somebody from the hospital would be in contact at some stage but the 12 hours later, into the following afternoon and the only phone call was from an occupational therapist, no call from a doctor, or suitable medical professional who can tell us anything about his condition and how he’s doing, where he is even etc...all the occupational therapist was doing was enquiring about handrails on the stairs, how accessible their bathroom is etc...doing their job for sure but how come we after having a family member rushed to hospital, get a phone call about handrails and bathrooms before a phone call telling us how the man is ffs, where he is or any news about him and his condition...

covid can’t get the blame for this one..This is just poxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Try this link .I send all the time with them to Canada .I have a box ready now which is 40x40x40 centimetres and 12 kgs for €75 .From my door to their door in BC Canada in 10 days

it searches for you and then you choose the cheapest .Its usually fedex that is cheapest for me

https://www.parceldirect.ie/

Post edited by iamwhoiam on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Everyday one the of the cats goes about her daily business around the yard like doing typical cat stuff and what not but she gets cover in those little green sticky balls. I brush them out of her hair and an hour later she's covered in them again

Post edited by PsychoPete on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Rory Cowan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Vaxed over a month now, still no cert. Boss boss is screaming to see everyone's certs and is not accepting the vax cards(they decided these were not as confidence inspiring as the cert)

Clinic say call x no, who sent me to y no 🙄, fighting my way through a confusing menu I hit the correct option and.....get cut off, try again and the same happens.

HSE on SM say its not them and to call y no again and now have gone MIA. No other way of contacting the cv cert dept.

TA, App I'm supposed to call them endlessly until, the fault is fixed or the world stops calling them to rush their certs for hols? Cause its seems I have nothing at all to do all day and all evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

How in heaven’s name are you supposed to see who thanked your post on a phone ?? This upgraded site is a pain in the h**e on the phone . Grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Can't scroll back to past pages of discussions either, or am I doing something wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Sorry to hear it @Strumms I hope he will be okay.

Even at the best of times, I found that an elderly relative needed an advocate, in hospital. No fault of the staff, who were great, and this was long long before covid. Hopefully you / someone can get in, and find out how things are with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

my mother had to brought to be A+E a couple of weeks ago. She is in her 80s with dementia so we were allowed stay with her. i'm not saying your relative has dementia but if an elderly person needs someone with them they do seem to allow it.

thanks, my mother asked the paramedics if she could go there with them but they politely declined her request....

hes reasonably healthy but over the last while has been having low blood pressure issues, was put on new meds, but never to the point of having fainted though...

I went to hospital with my Dad with dementia many years ago. I had to nearly push the doctor away from him as he was scolding him like a naughty schoolboy for having the cheek to be dehydrated (he was fed through a peg at the time). The nurses were actively hostile to my presence in A&E. I wouldn't be comfortable with an elderly relative on their own in that environment

we are not comfortable with it either but in these times when you have zero options...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭oneweb

I had a small McDonalds burger yesterday. My digestive system's been in knots all day today. Ugh, I should've known better than grab one on the run.

It is what it's.

Yeah I know. It is not a nice situation to be in. You cause a fuss and suddenly you are the bad guy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thank you very much Iamwhoiam, I shall use this the next time !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Really getting fed up with what vanilla "has to offer" lol.

If this wasn't Boards.ie, I wouldn't bother with the nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

I have no problem being pushy and gobby in healthcare settings. Let people be pissed off.

• Advertisement

It is not people getting pissed off that would bother me. It is when they start calling security and having you ejected/arrested. Then you end up on youtube as 'karen goes mental in A&E'

Honestly, I think your behaviour would need to be very bad for that to happen. As somebody who has sadly experienced far more than her fair share of A&Es, it takes a lot. Getting animated over your sick relative won’t do it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've found in recent year that you'd be better off going to hospital with your solicitor, if you wanted to be listened to. Wearing a white coat or scrubs doesn't automatically make one a hero or a saint - there are lots of people there, like in every other walk of life and profession, that are crap at their job or who just don't care. And a lot of callous people. There are lots who aren't crap and who do care, but for every one of those there are ten of the others and they usually wreck what good has been done.

I was slightly exaggerating but the staff have all of the power in these scenarios similar to flight crews.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You're right, but in that scenario I wouldn't hesitate to call the Guards.

Yes, I'm bitter, but I have valid reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Frequent 'Unable to complete your request. Please try again' and 'Gateway Error' messages. Together with the progress bar and general poor responsiveness e.g. time it takes to to get a response when making a post or bookmarking a discussion it it making the site extremely frustrating to use at times. Throw in the missing features (on touch which I use mostly) and it's a pure headwreck. It may have had its limitations but the old vBulletin based site was far more user friendly.

6:25am and I have not slept for a minute, feeling run down, dehydrated, annoyed with myself as I always keep a big bottle of water in my room but I didn’t bring it in...tired of trying to ‘make’ myself sleep... got a dental appointment later that thank fûck is only with the hygienist as if I was having work done I’m reckoning I’d need to cancel....might fûcking fall asleep in her chair... we’ll see. I’ve had better 24 hours...

100%

SO many mediocre doctors exist. So many. People really need to be on the ball about advocating for themselves and their families. I worry for older patients with poor support networks.

Not only doctors, consultants too... the only difficulty ive had from people in health have been consultants... that infamous prick in Cappagh that must have had a photo or two of a politician up to no good with something or somebody to be allowed continue his career unabated and another newbie attached to the Mater who calling clueless would have been all sorts of kind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Strums I hear ya. I've had tendonitis in my right elbow since january and I'm in a LOT of pain. I saw a 'doctor' last week who told me to take paracetamol after I had told him paracetamol were not easing the pain. He prescribed me a stronger pain killer but told me not to take it everyday WTF ?

I can't move my right arm cos it's so sore but I can't take painkillers everyday WTF ?

I'm wearing a wrist brace and an elbow support too

Advertisement