Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

1326327328329330332»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    It was 43% on Wednesday. Will hit 50% soon. So pretty much a month to do 30%. I saw before that the Adult population is 3.6 million. 36,000 is 1%. Should be possible based off of that. Although in saying that you'd want around 252k first doses per week so will be difficult.

It will probably take us another week to get to 50%. That leaves a little over 4 weeks to vaccinate at least 270k people each week with first doses. Number of second doses needed is also creeping up. Predictions in IT and journal.ie some weeks ago said we would need to do 450k in total each week in June. Sounds about right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭political analyst

When will the numbers of patients given first doses and those given second doses so far be available?

Despite the cyber attack, couldn't the HSE still record the numbers by pen and paper and communicate them by phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

When will the numbers of patients given first doses and those given second doses so far be available?
    FF press release any good?

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Vaccines at the strip club in Vegas lol
    LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A popular Las Vegas strip club is hosting a free vaccination clinic Friday where dances and complimentary bottles will be provided.

Larry Flynt’s Hustler Club is offering the free vaccines for adults 21 and older on Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at its Dean Martin Drive location.

The pop-up clinic is being put on in partnership with the Southern Nevada Health District.

Anyone who receives a vaccine during the clinic will receive a membership card, a bottle, free dances and tickets to one of the club’s shows.

“The club is hosting the vaccination site to help promote the efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccine and to offer an on-site amenity for clubgoers, staff and locals,” club leaders said in a statement.

The club’s namesake, Larry Flynt, died earlier this year at age 78.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Vaccines at the strip club in Vegas lol

Pop up clinic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Pop up clinic :pac:

What's popping up in there though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Despite the cyber attack, couldn't the HSE still record the numbers by pen and paper and communicate them by phone?
    I can't tell whether this is sarcastic or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

What cohorts are getting the Johnson and Johnson vaccine at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Decrease in effectiveness in preventing transmission.

Preventing hospitalisations and deaths is the primary function of the vaccine. Reducing transmission is a bonus.

I'm not panicking too much.

Exactly. NPHET on the one hand deem the situation not serious enough to meet weekly anymore but on the other hand come out with the usual scariant stuff just in time for people going into their weekends and for discussions on the further lifting of restrictions early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭political analyst

I can't tell whether this is sarcastic or not...

It's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Lumen wrote: »
    3.9m is what I read, but Donnelly is saying 1.6m=43% which would make 100% 3.7m and 80% 3m.

3m-1.6m=1.4m first doses to hit 80%. 40 days = 35k/day, 245k first doses/week.

It ought to be possible, but I don't know how many second doses are due in that period.

There was some excellent modelling posted from Twitter threads a couple of weeks ago but I can't find it now.

The "offered" thing means that even if we end up with hundreds of thousands of doses of Janssen at the end of June they can still be counted as "offered" as long as the texts go out.

We will need around 650k second doses over the next 5 weeks. That is just of mRNA. That is around half of our mRNA supply. We need to get, and use, all 600k of J&J or we aren't getting anywhere near 80% by the end of June. 70% is a more realistic target.

Note that doesn't include the final delivery of Pfizer in the last week of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Kalyke wrote: »
    What cohorts are getting the Johnson and Johnson vaccine at the moment?

In theory, it can be freely given to anyone over the age of 50 but supplies have been a bit limited so far.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread is now competing with the main and Relaxation of Restriction threads for speed of turnover. That's hopefully good news for us all, but does mean we need to start a new one

And here it is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement