If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Incorrect Tax Band

  • 10-04-2021 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭ antodeco

    Hi all,
    Have a car that has the incorrect Tax Band. It's a 1979 but is still under the "less than 30 years" band. I know I can change this under change of particulars, however, the car is due 18 months back tax (realised today I forget to redeclare it off the road). I assume the next "owner", who wouldn't be liable for the back tax, can just do a change of particulars when retaxing it when the new "owner" has purchased it?