Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallace and Daly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

The woman is quoted today regarding being bullied. You'll join me in condemning that, bullying between haranguing her?

"Mr Wallace said: "To find out where the 13 actually lived in the building was a challenge in itself. We actually struggle getting around the place. They went to great effort."

Surely the reporter should gently have reminded Mick that not everyone working in the EU building in Strasbourg is as congenitally stupid as the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,119 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

How was she bullied? Did someone put her through a kangaroo court and force her to confront her rapist? Did someone call her an "effin eejit" for getting pregnant unexpectedly? Did someone call around to her door personally threatening her? Was she trapped in her car by "peaceful" protestors?

A peaceful protestor put some stickers on a politician's door. In the lexicon of peaceful protests and bullying, how does that compare to the treatment that Joan Burton received?

I would guess your understanding of bullying is as clear as your understanding of who can be misogynistic.

This is how you read their offices being turned over and Daly being verbally intimidated. No use to you. Shameless.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭GalwayMark

Look man the explanations for their votes is simply unacceptable and quite frankly their whole schtick is massively discredited. Yes the stickers are condemned, but it doesn't let them off the hook for their appalling shilling for Putin and Xi, even members of their parliamentary group have expressed discomfort at their antics.

• Advertisement

Ones nothing to do with the other. They voted how they chose. They shouldn't have had their offices thrashed and been verbally abused IMO.

As for the vote, they gave reasonable reasons while also condemning Putin.

I think they are two loo lahs myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

They allowed themselves very easily to become totally out of touch with the people they were elected to represent. They completely misread the room here. Fine. They voted based on their own opinions on this situation. Their days as MEPs enjoying all the perks of that position, the extravagant expenses etc are numbered now because they won’t be elected again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

So someone put a sticker on the door of their offices? The craythurs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I am aware there was a family illness so that's fine... We had another guy who did a full term in Brussels without a single attendance...

We seem not to do politics seriously in Irl...,

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Do we hold politicians to account? Or do the population keep voting in the same gougers time after time after time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yep. There's much talk of late how the Russians love their 'strongmen' and get the leaders they deserve, well we deserve the same, only we love chancers and gombeen men and women.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

I remember some clown on here years ago saying - "Sure, you'd do the same if you were a TD."

One of the TDs out near where my family lives has been found out for insurance fraud and has had "issues" with expenses...and yet members of my family still vote for him.

"We've always voted for Party X. We're voting tactically!"

Sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,432 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The worst thing about it is the false equivalence.

They seem to think dictator and autocratic regimes are equivalent to democratic ones and should be treated by the same standards.

They get away with that in times of peace because they are ignored. Not so much when war breaks out. When you land yourself on a tiny list of moronic imbeciles who don't know the difference between right and wrong and embarrass the country in the process like they have done it's hard to see how they get elected again.

Shameful. You'd hope people remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

As a people we are cute hoor's which is kindof OK... It does not fit with responsibility/accountability...

Thanks for the update - I missed that story. Don't think I can delete my comment, so I'll report myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Subzero3

If a colleague did that in work they would be sacked on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Just had a quick nose on Twitter at who is retweeting and tagging Moscow Mick and Kremlin Clare.

Loads and loads of Russian and Chinese bots. And...the Goebbels-eque Wolf-Warrior in chief Lijian Zhao giving a signal boost...

Utterly embarrassing. They're far beyond useful idiot territory now and into George Galloway land.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,006 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Jesus Christ. It appears that she gets her information from crackpot boards.ie posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I was at an event many years ago where she turned up (This was before she was a TD). Anyway, she managed to get the floor and just went off on a complete rant like that about the government ..... even though it had nothing to do with the event. She somehow got the floor, got a mic, did her irrelevant rant about the government, and left.

Pure populist guff to get herself on the gravy train. I was surprised to see a few years later that she actually got elected.

Listen to what she says in that clip about the situation in Ukraine. "The lives of innocent civilians are sacrificed in the wars of their masters - not just in Ukraine".

Sinister sinister propaganda. Obviously she is implying that Zelenksyy just decided to sacrifice the people he is master over for his own war. For someone who ostensibly claims to be a supporter of the ordinary worker, it would seem a bit strange to be taking the side of an absolutely corrupt imperialist multi-billionaire dictator who has stolen vasts sums of wealth from the citizens of his own country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Nordner

Just because someone doesn't tow the line on Ukraine as per the narrative we are being fed via every msm platform available, does not mean they are an apologist or supporter of Putin.

If I were to say that the Treaty of Versailles was so onerous that it, coupled with the Wall Street Crash, led directly to the rise of fascism in Germany and WW2 (which is a fairly broadly accepted concept), does that make me a Hitler fan?

Nothing in this world is ever black & white if examined closely.

People are behaving like kids playing cowboys and Indians or cops and robbers. Truth is, there are no good guys.

Nevertheless, I would much rather be living under our western democratic system, flawed and all as that may be, than suffocated under oppressive, kleptocratic regimes like Putin's or Xi's.

If people really gave a ****, we would boycott all pariah states (Like the oil rich Gulf monarchies, China etc) and not just Russia.

Why do we not open our doors to the people in Yemen? Is it because they are dark skinned Muslims, or because US and UK are happily providing the Saudis with weapons and logistical support to bomb these poor people into the stone-age as part of their proxy wars with Iran?

Discuss.....

The Ukranian refugees have a good track record for behaviour. With regards the middle east, they seem to bring their blood fueds with them. For example Kurds vs Turks in germany, antisemetism rising across europe, homophic attacks and sharia patrols in europeand cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Have this pair actually come up with any practical ideas on how to actually get these diplomatic talks going in any of the war zones that they are going on about ? . I agree terrible things have gone on but some actual solutions would be better than mouthing off mainly against the USA and Nato every chance they get .

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Nordner

Oh great, so, we will vet all future refugees based on their track record of behaviour...how is that gonna work?

We have had a few murders and attacks here perpetrated by Eastern Europeans lately....by your logic, should we not lump the Ukrainians in with them and bar them all from coming here? Should we demand Larry Murphy return to the old sod in case he goes on a murder spree around Europe?

I thought the whole outpouring of grief in that Tullamore murder case was way over the top as well btw. RIP the poor girl but the whole # social media, virtue signalling rubbish and the public vigils etc were mental....if memory serves me correctly, a Taxi Driver in Blanch, a few months into the first Pandemic lockdown, chopped his missus up in the front room with a Samurai sword while their son was banging on the door trying to intervene....Surely that was a perfect, if somewhat extreme, example of the horrors of domestic violence and violence against women? Where were all the vigils for that lady? Oh yeah, that's right, wrong demographic...working-class Taxi Drivers wife...now if she had been a young teacher who played trad music....

The whole Ukrainian crisis smacks of the very same hypocrisy. It was ok when Putin was laying waste to Chechnya, or US and Co destroying Afghanistan and Iraq...once again, wrong demographic...brown, Muslim, odd customs, corrupt etc...

Ukrainians look like us, they aren't as far away, therefore they are more worthy of our concern and assistance.

Georgians in 2008? Meh! Who cares!? They are mental fuckers out there anyway...

So, 100,000 Ukranians coming...won't that be nice for ISME and IBEC and all the cheap ass employers who are bitching and whining about labour shortages in the construction, manufacturing and hospitality sectors...

The wonders of the free market and open economy in action....until all the masters of the universe types come a knocking on our door again looking for bailouts because their shortsighted greed has run the car off the cliff again.....

Of course, it could be worse I suppose....it could all end up in WW3 and nuclear annihilation...

Have a nice weekend y'all! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Not even trying to hide that he’s a Putin shill at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

If I were to say that the Treaty of Versailles was so onerous that it, coupled with the Wall Street Crash, led directly to the rise of fascism in Germany and WW2 (which is a fairly broadly accepted concept), does that make me a Hitler fan?

If you said it while German bombs were raining down on Poland/Netherlands/London it would be, at best, pointless whataboutism in the face of tyranny.

There is a time and a place for analysing the macro-political reasoning behind something and indeed to learn from it. It is not while you face an existential crisis of your country's existence. However, a key point is that generally no one blames those behind the Treaty of Versailles but rather put the blame fairly squarely on **** Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,119 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Unbelievable stuff, what a horrible person Wallace is.

Poor auld Mick with his family vineyard in Italy, and heaps of money stacked away.

The most satisfying thing about his twitter scutter is that most of the pirate flag crew still actually agree with him, but don't have the principals of their position now that Russia are invading a country.

I'd say Mick is more suited to his own former profession as well.

A dodgy builder who didn't pay his debts, stole pension money from his employees and defrauded the revenue

• Advertisement

And, by defrauding the Revenue, he defrauded the taxpayers - including the clueless morons who voted for him.

Advertisement