Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pvc slider-different internal colour to external.

• 09-04-2021 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

We've picked picked dark grey pvc but now that we're finalising the kitchen we feel the grey won't really suit the interior so we're thinking white inside.and grey outside. The window.company feel it won't look right though. Anyone done similar. We've done it on our front and back doors but they said.on the slider we'll be able to see both colours and it'll look off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have all my windows dark grey outside and white inside, including two sets of french doors. It has never occurred to me that anything about it looks any way odd, you just would not notice. I agree about not wanting dark grey inside, I like the look of what I have.

Have anthracite on the outside and white on the inside and there is nothing odd about it. I think it's pretty standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks. Just as I thought. We've gone ahead and changed the order now. Thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

yellow hen wrote: »
    We've picked picked dark grey pvc but now that we're finalising the kitchen we feel the grey won't really suit the interior so we're thinking white inside.and grey outside. The window.company feel it won't look right though. Anyone done similar. We've done it on our front and back doors but they said.on the slider we'll be able to see both colours and it'll look off.

Your supplier is correct, you will see both colours when it is a sliding door, all other units will be fine but not a slider, other posters as far as i can see do not reference sliders

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

FWIW - I have sliders also full panel glass doors and windows. Black outside white inside. It never looked off to me.
    On any of them you can see the outside if you stand at an angle to it. But to me it is hard to distinguish between the outside black frame and the edge of the glazing unit which is also black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    FWIW - I have sliders also full panel glass doors and windows. Black outside white inside. It never looked off to me.
    On any of them you can see the outside if you stand at an angle to it. But to me it is hard to distinguish between the outside black frame and the edge of the glazing unit which is also black.

Its going to depend on the supplier and the profiles they use, it will determine where they can finish the black foil, if the supplier is saying you will see it then I would think it is at the junction between doors either you will see the white outside or the black inside or worse both

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Ah i get ya! The vertical bit on the fixed panel that the door slides past.
    I just had a close look at mine there, I'm pretty sure it has a white trim fitted to it (I can see cut marks at the top and it feels like it could be clipped off) assuming to hide what you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭misc2013

V interested in this as changing windows and was also thinking black outside and white inside. For those who did similar and see nothing odd about it, could you please post or PM me what company you went with?
    Thanks.

I did white inside and black outside - black inside would have looked terrible with my decor.

Its your choice, you're paying for it, so do what you feel will suit your rooms.

(PS) I cant see any of the external black from the inside of my white slider.

Advertisement