Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021 3 wood Shafts

Options
  • 06-04-2021 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I have a project X evenflow blue 6.0 65g shaft in xstiff in my driver.

looking to see what is comparable in 2021 as im getting a new 3 wood and want the shaft to match the driver cheers in advance. Was looking at the RDX smoke blue but not sure. the downside of having no custom fit places open. Swing speed varies between 105-110

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

kod12 wrote: »

looking to see what is comparable in 2021 as im getting a new 3 wood and want the shaft to match the driver cheers in advance. Was looking at the RDX smoke blue but not sure. the downside of having no custom fit places open. Swing speed varies between 105-110

Cheers in advance.

Is 6.0 even flow not just a stiff flex as opposed to 6.5 which is extra stiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Why do you want the driver shaft to match the fairway? Wait and get custom fit for a shaft and don’t worry about the “matching”

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

kod12 wrote: »

Cheers in advance.

In Project X woods, 6.0 flex is stiff and not extra stiff. The RDX Smoke blue is a counter balanced shaft with a stiff tip so would perform and feel a little different to the smoother Evenflow blue, if looking for something similar you could just go for a 75 gram Evenflow in the three wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Is 6.0 even flow not just a stiff flex as opposed to 6.5 which is extra stiff.

This is correct. Although I also believe project x flexes run slightly stiffer than other brands, so the 6.0 may be somewhere in between s and x.

OP, Id recommend checking out golfwrx for technical stuff and shaft comparisons. A lot of users who are very into their equipment and tour reps from many brands chip in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

This is correct. Although I also believe project x flexes run slightly stiffer than other brands, so the 6.0 may be somewhere in between s and x.

OP, Id recommend checking out golfwrx for technical stuff and shaft comparisons. A lot of users who are very into their equipment and tour reps from many brands chip in also.

The iron flex in project X is different to the woods so 5.5 is stiff in irons, 6.5 is extra stiff and 6.0 is in between but in woods, 5.5 is regular, 6.0 stiff and 6.5 extra stiff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

Perfect thats good info there thanks. Didnt want to match it exactly just the profile of the shaft and feel i liked so was wondering what would be similar in a 3 wood shaft. Sorry it was 6.5 I have

Advertisement