Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indeed : Job closed by employer

Options
  • 05-04-2021 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I recently applied for a job. The closing date has not yet arrived.
    I got a message from Indeed informing me that the job was 'closed' by the employer.
    What does this usually mean? Please and thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That either the position is filled or that they have enough applicants and don't want anymore.
    If it's the latter, they will shortlist and invite suitable candidates to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭I am me123

One further question relating to the above, if you get a response from Indeed stating that your application is "Awaiting employer review", what does this usually indicate?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Lad2021

I am me123 wrote: »
    One further question relating to the above, if you get a response from Indeed stating that your application is "Awaiting employer review", what does this usually indicate?

Thank you.

That the employer hasn't viewed/acted on your application

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭I am me123

Overall, does it mean I still have a chance at being hired?
    The application process is being co ordinated by an external recruiter who has contacted me directly when I applied. They told me they are to contact me when the client they are working for contacts them about interview dates.
    Thoughts on the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭2 fast

The application process is being co ordinated by an external recruiter who has contacted me directly when I applied. They told me they are to contact me when the client they are working for contacts them about interview dates.
    Thoughts on the above?

This is fairly standard. If you're successful and the employer has selected you for an interview then you'll hear back from the recruiter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Thoughts on the above?

It sounds like this means they'll contact you if they're going to interview you.

If it's been a few days, you could contact the recruiter to see what's up.

Advertisement