Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quickest (and safe) way to dry a car

• 03-04-2021 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I don’t get a lot of time to wash/decontaminate/detar/wax my car these days. Normally, I’d use an Autoglym microfibre drying cloth but was wondering if there’s a quicker way so that I can do more stages when I get a free couple of hours. I’ve seen air driers but saw that they can take up to 30 mins to dry a car. I’ve also seen drying aid sprays...

What’s best and quickest?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Safest.
    Air blown dry. No contact.

Towel.
    CarPro drying towel or similar brand.

Fun.
    Drive around the block :)

They all take 5 mins to do so it shouldn’t really hinder you if you have a few hours spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Blast down the road, but then you can pick up things in the air and have to wash those off too.

Towels is the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I use the BLO-Air RS for drying. It's great at its job and great fun to do but it's not too much fun if you have lime in the water. I use resin in a DI vessel to remove the lime before it enters my pressure washer.

If you have lime, then drying towels are the way to go. get 2 or 3 big ones for main water removal and use a detail spray and normal microfibers to remove any streaks. Work a panel at a time in the shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Birka

I use the BLO-Air RS for drying. It's great at its job and great fun to do but it's not too much fun if you have lime in the water. I use resin in a DI vessel to remove the lime before it enters my pressure washer.

If you have lime, then drying towels are the way to go. get 2 or 3 big ones for main water removal and use a detail spray and normal microfibers to remove any streaks. Work a panel at a time in the shade.

Very interesting - thanks. I was looking at the BLO-Air RS but have issues with lime in the water here.

I'll look into getting a DI vessel

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Birka wrote: »
    Very interesting - thanks. I was looking at the BLO-Air RS but have issues with lime in the water here.

I'll look into getting a DI vessel

I got mine on ebay from the UK. They're a very simple set up.

I use the Unger resin which I find very good and I get it from window cleaning warehouse in the UK. It lasts a good while but when it expires it gives off a fishy smell as it contains the same chemicals given off by rotting fish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement