Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Belfast Disturbances

1545556575860»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

RobMc59 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to defend the UK government or brexit Seth . I'm pointing out,imo the UK and EU didn't initially recognise the importance of the Irish border in all of this.The penny dropped first with the EU and eventually with the UK,especially when the US made it crystal clear that even the mention of conditions which might result in a hard border would be unacceptable(even if only used as a bargaining tool).
    But that didn't happen. Long before there were statements from US politicians, the EU were telling the UK that the NI question had to be resolved before proceeding (the UK wanted to leave the NI question until the end of discussions).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,045 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Who was elected on a platform of 'murdering innocent protestants'?

I actually don’t know of any Sinn Fein politicians who have said that the murdering of innocent Protestants by their military wing was wrong.
    But if you want a specific , my MP Chris hazard has consistently refused to condem the murder of an innocent Protestant from my town, even though the family ask him very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,820 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

downcow wrote: »
    I actually don’t know of any Sinn Fein politicians who have said that the murdering of innocent Protestants by their military wing was wrong.
    But if you want a specific , my MP Chris hazard has consistently refused to condem the murder of an innocent Protestant from my town, even though the family ask him very often.

So that would be no then. No one has been elected on a platform such as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

You won't get an answer from DC, expert deflector who never answers questions, prefers to support the unionist bigots

Of course they have. Mary Lou, if that is senior enough for you, stood in the centre of my village to pay homage to those who murdered my neighbours. Do you really not know what the shinners stand for.

Here is a neighbour and friend of mine who, by coincidence, this is the anniversary of the night he went to bed as an only child and with a single parent, to be woken the next morning by the shots which made him an orphan. His father was a road worker and part time farmer.
    Have a wee listen to the clip he posted a bout an hour ago which mention my MPs stance.
    Let me know if it pricks your conscience
    https://www.facebook.com/100000477525275/posts/6200983726594150/?extid=0&d=n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,820 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Of course they have. Mary Lou, if that is senior enough for you, stood in the centre of my village to pay homage to those who murdered my neighbours. Do you really not know what the shinners stand for.

Here is a neighbour and friend of mine who, by coincidence, this is the anniversary of the night he went to bed as an only child and with a single parent, to be woken the next morning by the shots which made him an orphan. His father was a road worker and part time farmer.
    Have a wee listen to the clip he posted a bout an hour ago which mention my MPs stance.

downcow...NOBODY stands on a 'platform of murdering innocent protestants...NOBODY.

People stand on a platform f denying rights to same sex couples though.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

Wasn't he a former B Special?

Speedline wrote: »
    Wasn't he a former B Special?

This reinforces the pathetic need for republicans to justify their murder.

He had been in the b specials 20 years earlier. The ira claimed it was mistaken identity - which they often used to cover their sectarian murders. So his b special past was not the reason the ira had for killing him.

You should feel ashamed for such a statement

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

This reinforces the pathetic need for republicans to justify their murder.

He had been in the b specials 20 years earlier. The ira claimed it was mistaken identity - which they often used to cover their sectarian murders. So his b special past was not the reason the ira had for killing him.

You should feel ashamed for such a statement
    Ashamed for asking a question? Not a chance, when you are condemning former republican paramilitaries. You don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,644 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

If we apply some consistency again and continue your logic.
    All nationalists support the murder of innocent protestants and continue to claim it was justified and justifiable, as that is the belief of the politicians they elect to their biggest party.
    Sill, isn't it

Whataboutery, answer the questions.

Also if your looking for someone to defend nationalists or those who vote for them your barking up the wrong tree, just ask francie and the other SF supporters on here.
    But that's not what's being discussed.

So once again answer the question you claim is easy to answer and stop deflecting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

A few posters could do with taking a step back and calming the head a bit.

Let's get back on topic please, keep posts civil. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭O'Neill

John O'Dowd has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48uqewJ05nQ

Skip to 13:30

O'Neill wrote: »
    John O'Dowd has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48uqewJ05nQ

Skip to 13:30
    Excellent. Thanks for that. That was helpful and unusual from a shinner.
    I do wish he could be consistent and have said he would like to see those involved prosecuted, which is what he has said about Bloody Sunday.

But I will accept his acceptance that it was sectarian and wrong.
    I really wish my MP could do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I see a band named for a unionist sectarian murderer was marching today. This is a 'culture' that demands respect and while insisting that Unionist politicians deny cultural rights to them'uns.

Advertisement