Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Local Authority to Civil Service (Temp Role)

• 01-04-2021 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2 Job_Query

Hi,

I'm in a bit of a conundrum at the moment.

I'm a Clerical Officer in a Local Authority nearly 6 years now (permanent position), I recently applied for a Grade 4 role in the Civil Service and have been shortlisted for interview.

My problem being is I recently found out the role I am being interviewed for is a temporary role (9 month maternity cover).

I would love to take the role for the sake of building experience. I have gone for Grade 4 positions in various local authorities and have been knocked on experience.

Is there any way my local authority could release me for the 9 month period to take up this role to which, once it has concluded, I would return to my original position or am I dreaming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Job_Query

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,857 ✭✭✭✭ Mrs OBumble

You have to ask your specific local authority. If they want to do it, they will find a way to make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭ Augme

Can't imagine why they would ever say yes. They'd just be in a position were they would then have to fill your position for just 9 months which would be a head ache.

Advertisement