Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard

• 31-03-2021 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56,306 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

Well there you go a sequel will arrive in cinemas on June 16th.
    Lionsgate has dated Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson’s “The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard” for June 16.

Salma Hayek co-stars in the sequel to the 2017 “The Hitman’s Bodyguard,” which grossed $176 million worldwide. The comedy action film sees the return of bodyguard Michael Bryce, played by Reynolds and hitman Darius Kincaid, played by Jackson, for another life-threatening mission, this time joined by Darius’ unpredictable wife, Sonia, played by Hayek. Antonio Banderas and Morgan Freeman also co-star.

Patrick Hughes directs the Millennium Media production from a screenplay by Tom O’Connor and Phillip Murphy and Brandon Murphy with a story by O’Connor.

hitmans-bodyguard-2-e1617056307696.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/film-news-brief-march-29-1234940378/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭ Conall Cernach

Was the first a hit? It was really a by the numbers type film for me with not much going for it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 75,375 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

Was the first a hit? It was really a by the numbers type film for me with not much going for it at all.

Deadpool and Nick Fury's chemistry and banter carried it, enjoyable popcorn fun but nothing spectacular

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭ Homelander

I didn't even finish the first one, found it fairly bad even as mindless entertainment. Not entirely terrible, but it really was below what I'd have expected from a high budget movie with RR and Jackon.

I actually think the sequel will be better than the original most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭ bigar

I quite liked the first one so do not mind a second helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭ cmyk

I thought the first one was great, seemed to go very much under the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,306 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

The trailer is out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pixelburp

Interesting decision to colour-correct the blood splatter to black; usually trailers just avoid blood if they can, but I guess there were too many scenes of Reynolds covered in it to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭ silverharp

I dont know the other film , from the trailer his character comes across as a bit annoying and would put me off watching it

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭ EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,749 ✭✭✭✭ bnt

That's the joke, I suppose - he's annoying for reasons. His therapist (played by Rebecca Front) tells him to give up violence and take a holiday, a plan that lasts about ten minutes after arriving at the resort.

I saw this movie last night, and will just say that it's a kind-of pastiche and fairly OTT. There are some self-referential moments such as knowing references to other movies.

Parvi enim sunt foris arma, nisi est consilium domi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭ Jump_In_Jack

This film was a bit of fun, the fast paced banter was clever mostly, and an entertaining production. The story was a bit ridiculous, the shootout scenes were preposterous, but if you take all that as a given for this type of film, it was a decent watch I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ noel50

very poor

Advertisement