Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am lol here , can't beat a bit of slagging 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My first ever bottle of Tyskie. (pre a very very late dinner!) I've been around eastern Europe and even into Russia, but this stuff is really nice and light too. Haven't been to Poland though. A colleague recommended it to me last week. Tried it tonight as in right now and actually very good!

@Mam of 4 Thank you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Need to have a coffee here shortly, boo. Would love a beer of course..

Think Grandeeod enjoying the beer Grem !

Coffee is good at anytime imo .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'd enjoy the beer too if i wasn't stuck at my desk!! Milky coffee with a touch of brown sugar for me instead. Ooh fancy that, a break in the rain 😂

@Mam of 4 @Gremlinertia

Yes I did enjoy that last beer and my late curry dinner. Time to curl up with a sleepy Mrs G. I'm getting the hang of this @ lark.😁

@Gremlinertia , we've created a monster --> @Grande@GrandeeGrandee

@Grandeeod 😁😁

Stupid phone glitching so bad that I can't correct it 😵😵

Sure I was always a monster! Love this @ thing. In the leaba after milk and kit Kat. I'm easily pleased.

We've created an AT-AT (sorry for nerd joke)

• Advertisement

No more @ from me tonight , Grandeeod , though they are fun I agree!

Star Wars Grem ?

(Hadn't a clue , had to Google 🙈)

Yup Mam, not that i'm over familiar myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, how are your heads?

Eight hours + into my stint at work, surprisingly head isn't too fried. How is yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Back from my morning walk, kinda strange these days as our quarantine program has fallen apart so we are semi free :):) lots of talk that we shall go back to normality in a week or two, but will believe it when I see it :):)

Masks gone in nearly all settings here in another eight days i think. Since i'm using the bus for work i'll stay with the masks since it's flu time of year.. Rough night at work, out in rain and wind trying to sort a few problems out. More damage to come according to forecast again too.

I hope that we at least learn some proper hygiene after this, but somehow I doubt it. I haven’t had as much as a sniffle in last two years.

Saw these beauties on Friday morning. The Chevy is from 1959.

Oh it's been such an eye opener in some ways hasn't it?? I'd always cleaned shared equipment regularly but would forget about touching my face or to clean my own feckin phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

@smurfjed Love the look of whitewalls. Had them on bikes, but they're incredibly hard to keep clean in Ireland. Chrome doesn't hold up too well in Irish weather either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sounds like a bit of fun was had here last night! I had epic dinner of steak, chips, mushrooms and spinach, with a glass or 2 of red wine and then conked on the couch after a stressful week was nice to just switch off. I don’t watch true crime but love the made up ones. There was a German one on Channel 4, based on true events, Dark Wood, that I followed a few weeks ago and enjoyed it.

And on comments about the thread being like tumbleweed, I agree with @Grandeeod it probably isn’t the changeover as such anymore but think one of the issues is that you can’t see who thanks posts easily any more. That helped to maintain the sense of community so while people may not have been posting, you knew they were around and dipping in from time to time. And we are just coming out of that crappy time of the year (not even talking about the pandemic) when it’s dark and people are naturally keeping themselves to themselves so not much to report. But brighter days and even more reasons to start to be hopeful might give us a shake!

You don't even have to look out the window. You can hear the crappy weather.

The little robins didn't even tap on my window to be fed this morning the weather was so bad . I still went out in the rain for them though and out they came ☺

Heating on , will light the fire in a few minutes and turn it off then . Stay warm all☺

• Fed,watered, back in the leaba and heating on, not budging outside today either. It's a wild one.

Having a late dinner today , so a good old fry just ready , feck it , including a slice of fried bread !

@Mam of 4 just polished off a fried egg on fried bread with a couple of waffles. Loin of pork for dinner. Comfort food for the day that's in it.

It definitely is the day for it @Grandeeod ! Hits the spot perfectly !

Love loin of pork , think I actually have one in the freezer . Stuffed chicken breast for me later , son fancied curry so will make that later too☺

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Lying in bed, woke up just 20 minutes ago, listening to the rain and wind lashing outside there today. Not a day to be out and about! ☔️⛈☔️⛈☔️

Had a great night out last night at The Seattle Grunge Experience in Whelans of Wexford Street with three good mates. The lads in the band played all the major grunge hits of Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. Came back for two encores. Excellent stuff! 👍👍🔥🔥🔥🎸🎸🎸🎸

Wasn’t just us oldies in their 40s and early 50s there either - quite a few in their 20s and 30s, showing the enduring power of grunge. 😎 That was my first gig in well over two years (Bjork at the 3 Arena in Nov ‘19 was the last). Great craic and so good to be out. Dublin city centre last night was heaving!

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch, again,, really have to start doing some movement.

Anyway, ate a load of Lindt chocolate last night and as usual I got very tired so in bed by 10, awake this morning at 7. Now I'm watching my 3 chick's playing on the Wii fit....I got a present of it years ago but never used it. They found it under the bed and they love it. It really does get them moving and as usual there's a healthy competition between them to see who wins lol lol

Advertisement