Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish journalist leaves China after rise in surveillance, lovely government

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ocer

I was unaware of this.
    It's not what I think of when I think of China, or see how China portrays itself in the media.

I think he means a large scale of the farmer from Mid-China travelled to Xinjiang to pick cotton many years ago for well-paid money (in west media, they called forced labour). :o

Ocer wrote: »
    Oh, sorry to hear that you live in China and not happy with your life, I think you are not a foodie or do not like Chinese food. And thank you so much for your concern about Chinese people's living.

haha.. I love living in China, or I wouldn't have lived there for over a decade.. and I'm perfectly happy with my life. Stop reading between the lines... you're not very good at it,
    You can keep your China Collapse theory, the western is talking about it for 30 years, someone published a book about it I remember, but we still there, even better than ever. Time will tell the truth, we will see. Again, I wish you good health.:D

Even better than ever? That's debatable considering the loss of community, family values, and the increase in xenophobia. But sure.. you're Chinese. I'm well aware of the rose tinted glasses all party members are issued with in University. :pac:
    I do not know why you hate China so deep. Did China do any bad thing to you or your country, or other countries? bombed anyone? Made any refugee?

I'm a realist.. and rather pragmatic about China. The problem is that I understand what's happening in China.. and how it will affect the rest of the world. Now, I appreciate that you are Chinese, and have been conditioned to think that any comment that's not overwhelmingly positive, must be a negative... but perhaps you should start shifting your thinking, if you're going to live outside of China.

I was unaware of this.
    It's not what I think of when I think of China, or see how China portrays itself in the media.

Western media portrays China this way. Take a look at Chinese media and you'll see what China is really like. The articles themselves will be biased, but the photos tend to be more realistic.
    I think he means a large scale of the farmer from Mid-China travelled to Xinjiang to pick cotton many years ago for well-paid money (in west media, they called forced labour). :o

Meh. I referred to migration trends that have been happening since the First peoples congress. This isn't anything new, nor is it a political comment. Simply a core part of China's internal infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ocer

Only 30 years? Deng Xiaoping opened China up in the late 70s. In any case, most of the successes of that opening up, and the subsequent economic zones, managed to succeed due to local businesses and luck. Not the CCP, although it did help somewhat.. and hindered quite a bit too.

Oh, sorry, 50 years, I always thought I'm still living in 2000, good old days.
    Very few people are "happy" with the governance of the CCP. There's just no other choice, and most people will tiptoe along hoping that the CCP doesn't pay much attention to them directly.

As for the US.. yeah.. no. Not going to happen. I live in China. haha. I know the state of living for the people in the countryside, and the poor in the cities. I've seen the migrant workers, and I know that they're all rather old.. and then I know how "hard" Chinese students study, the ineptitude of most Chinese university programs, and lastly, the layers of corruption within Chinese business.

China has a 1.4B population, how much can describe the 'very few'? Are you really live in China? I have doubt now. If you live in China for real, how do you face most of the population with an angry face every single day?
    I know how "hard" Chinese students study, the ineptitude of most Chinese university programs, and lastly, the layers of corruption within Chinese business.
    Yes, these 'ineptitude of most Chinese university programs' made most declared 5G patents on this planet, just sent 3 humans to our owned space station. how about yours?

China hasn't changed., beyond the most superficial of ways. Some people look at the glittering lights and think so much has changed, but in reality, very little has. And that's why China will never be a genuine threat to the US, unless, the US manages to screw themselves, and decrease their own power significantly. Which is very possible. But then, I expect something similar from China too. What do think will happen when Xi Jinping dies? Oh. Boy. That's going to be rough for China.

The last two years are rough enough for China and abroad Chinese, It is fine. But I do not think Chinese lives in China will be affected according to my family feedbacks.

China has a 1.4B population, how much can describe the 'very few'? Are you really live in China? I have doubt now. If you live in China for real, how do you face most of the population with an angry face every single day?

You really need to work on your reading comprehension. Three posts now, and each time you've managed to misunderstand/misrepresent what was written.

Until you start responding directly, there's little point discussing anything with you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement