Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Peugeot 2008 anti theft accessories

• 30-03-2021 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5 Caroline0680

Hi all,

I am about to become a happy owner of a Peugeot 2008 from 2017. I heard that this car can be easily stolen therefore wanted to check with you if you know of any good anti theft accessories

If at least it can make them think twice before leaving with my new pride and joy it would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,855 ✭✭✭✭ MetzgerMeister

MOD: Thread moved out of detailing forum. You'll get a better response here OP.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

If you are paranoid enough, go for a kill switch.
    Note it means they still will break window etc to get iinside.

This is a DIY but you can get a auto electrician do something similar for you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ONH4MIJIfc

You can also buy fake alarm stickers for the windows.
    hd-s-windowwarningalarmed-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ pippip

What is the specific issue that makes the 2008 vulnerable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭ whizbang

CAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,063 ✭✭✭✭ Atlantic Dawn

Does it have keyless entry? Common route of theft now where thieves try to capture the signal from your key inside your home to then use it to start the car outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭ pummice

Hi what are your experiences with the peugeot 2008, thinking of getting a used one

Advertisement