Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lincoln Day!

• 27-03-2021 11:36am
    Moderators Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭

I'd say I'm one of very few people who's happy each year when this day comes around as I'm atrocious punting over obstacles and less atrocious on the level... sometimes!!

Think Father Of Jazz could go well in the Doncaster Mile (2pm) - too free last time in a race not ideally run to suit. Drop in trip won't be a bother, I don't think, and should have fitness on most of them. Just a question of whether he's good enough. 7/1 worth a go imo.

Taking a wilder punt on Queens Sargent (2.35pm) - not had many goes at a mile, moves nicely through his races when on song, has performed well fresh a few times. 25's. Brentford Hope (3.10pm) in the big one at 9/1. Ground a ? but don't think it's definite that he wants soft. Think he's a group horse if he's not soft in the head (might be).

Finally Mine (4.55pm) is one I've been keeping an eye on. Punted her last time but she ripped Joe Fanning's arms off and blew up. Maybe needed the spin, maybe hates the AW, maybe both! Back on turf, there's a handicap in her soon. If she settles down a bit and accepts some cover, it could be this. 10/1 in a place, 9/1 generally.

GL to all betting today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Aidan has some selections up on the twitter machine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

On Mekong myself as per my write up in the flat is here thread

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Most interesting flat race today is Jonbon in the bumper at Newbury :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

2.00 Juan elcano
    2.35 Mascat/Overwrite
    3.10 Ouzo
    3.45 Royal commando

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

X Pyro a real blast from the past! Great to see.

I like Orbaan in the Lincoln. Showed signs he is capable off this mark last year and should have gone closer in what has turned out to be a hot heritage handicap at York.
    Nice back form from France too. O'Meara seems to have his in good nick. 40s looks pretty generous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

If we could just keep xpyro here now to start another log so we could all retire early. Legend of boards.

• Moderators Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭x PyRo

If we could just keep xpyro here now to start another log so we could all retire early. Legend of boards.

haha, or blow all our savings and pensions. :D Hoping to get properly stuck in to this flat season. Miss the craic of finding a few winners!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

x PyRo wrote: »
    I'd say I'm one of very few people who's happy each year when this day comes around as I'm atrocious punting over obstacles and less atrocious on the level... sometimes!!

Think Father Of Jazz could go well in the Doncaster Mile (2pm) - too free last time in a race not ideally run to suit. Drop in trip won't be a bother, I don't think, and should have fitness on most of them. Just a question of whether he's good enough. 7/1 worth a go imo.

Taking a wilder punt on Queens Sargent (2.35pm) - not had many goes at a mile, moves nicely through his races when on song, has performed well fresh a few times. 25's. Brentford Hope (3.10pm) in the big one at 9/1. Ground a ? but don't think it's definite that he wants soft. Think he's a group horse if he's not soft in the head (might be).

Finally Mine (4.55pm) is one I've been keeping an eye on. Punted her last time but she ripped Joe Fanning's arms off and blew up. Maybe needed the spin, maybe hates the AW, maybe both! Back on turf, there's a handicap in her soon. If she settles down a bit and accepts some cover, it could be this. 10/1 in a place, 9/1 generally.

GL to all betting today.

Good to see you posting.

Please come again.

• Moderators Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Slattsy wrote: »
    Good to see you posting.

Please come again.

Thank you! Although if they keep running like Father Of Jazz, it's back into hiding I go!

Anyone see the camera angle they used for most of the race there? Absolutely hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

x PyRo wrote: »
    Thank you! Although if they keep running like Father Of Jazz, it's back into hiding I go!

Anyone see the camera angle they used for most of the race there? Absolutely hilarious.

Yeah ridiculous only switched for the last 200 yards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Lord north v impressive there at Meydan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Mishriff is some machine, to do it on dirt and on the turf. Some animal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Yeah ridiculous only switched for the last 200 yards

Maybe hoping to catch an exciting finish or the betting in running boys out?

he won't trouble the best in europe

What is the best in Europe? He won the French derby last year

What is the best in Europe? He won the French derby last year
    french derby was a brutal race and he was completely found out when he ran on champions day

Milanative wrote: »
    french derby was a brutal race and he was completely found out when he ran on champions day

Rubbish, on bottomless ground. Still waiting for the best in europe

Rubbish, on bottomless ground. Still waiting for the best in europe
    what are talking ****e about ? the ground was soft at ascot

Times were very slow that day and that meeting gets funny results end of year and all that. The winner of that race on champions day is hardly a superstar is he? Mishriff has just beaten a very good field in dubai after winning the big one in Saudi Arabia defeating the breeders Cup mile winner on dirt in the process. That is a serious achievement so forgive me when I say in imo he will put it up to the so called best in Europe. He has nothing to prove

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

What a shambles in Dubai

Bet365 paying 5 places and field down to 12 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Times were very slow that day and that meeting gets funny results end of year and all that. The winner of that race on champions day is hardly a superstar is he? Mishriff has just beaten a very good field in dubai after winning the big one in Saudi Arabia defeating the breeders Cup mile winner on dirt in the process. That is a serious achievement so forgive me when I say in imo he will put it up to the so called best in Europe. He has nothing to prove

The Champion Stakes at Ascot on crap ground means little compared to decent ground. The winner at Ascot Addeybb was beaten this morning out in Australia on his favoured Soft Ground. He won the Ascot race because the ground was SOFT with a time 6.89 below standard. Lord North and Mishriff were thrashed in that Champion and they both won their G1s today like high class horses.

The biggest thing going for Mishriff is that he's trained by John Gosden, the 3rd in the Sheema ain't no world beater so take the form with a big grain of salt.

I use logic when looking at Gosden. I fear him because he overproduces from the raw material in front of him, when he has a good one or two or three they walk on water.

Can see Mishriff having a top summer but he ain't an Arc horse.

I agree, I don't think he will win an arc but what he has done in the last couple of weeks is very impressive. Could blow up for the rest of the year but what he did takes some doing and a lot of it is down to jg. Also jg horses usually show massive improvement with age so I wouldn't rule out more imorovement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Welcome back Pyro! F**k the Flat though :D (I joke!)

Advertisement