Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job market pre Covid

• 26-03-2021 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭

I'm asking about pre covid
    What the job market like in Galway ?
    Where jobs plentiful or was it tough to get a job

I know its broad question but I mean in general was there plenty of work going ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Can't speak for all industries obviously but late 2019 was a good time to be looking for work. I was applying for IT/Customer Support/Admin work myself and was finding plenty of openings online. Can't speak for Jan or Feb as I wasn't paying too much attention.

I'd have flatmates that were doing similar but for engineering/product building and also found they were lots of places looking for the fabled 2-3 years experience.

I'm asking about pre covid
    What the job market like in Galway ?
    Where jobs plentiful or was it tough to get a job

I know its broad question but I mean in general was there plenty of work going ,

Pre-covid?

Depends on what you were looking for, but yeah, there was a healthy amount of positions going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

It might be easier to answer your question if you at least specified which industries you're interested in. It's pretty unlikely someone in IT would know much about the hospitality sector and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

It might be easier to answer your question if you at least specified which industries you're interested in. It's pretty unlikely someone in IT would know much about the hospitality sector and vice versa.

I actually said in my post that I know it's broad question and I was just asking in general not in any specified field

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

For skilled workers I don't think there was much of a problem. For factory operators and such probably harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

You're getting too specific there biko you're likely to get chastised for not paying attention. He said it's a broad question damnit!

As to the original question sure there were loads of jobs. It was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, you can read old threads by searching the forum, like so
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=475&query=galway+jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There would have been a decent amount of IT work. There still is, and will be but the looks of things.

There was an article recently (Sunday Independent I think) that said a lot of hospitality workers have moved to the factories since covid. The factories had a big ramp up in 2020 but 2021 may be different.

Advertisement