Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Private school teachers prioritised for vaccinations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭thomas 123

is_that_so wrote: »
    Their choice either way. I certainly wouldn't be sharpening up a pike regardless. So much of the frustration with vaccine supplies. If we were doing the 250K a week promised this wouldn't even rear its head.

Why a private school 14km away?

What are the justifications vs another school closer?

^If this is true of course^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

celt262 wrote: »
    You would wonder did they think they could do this without word getting out and causing another storm.
    Indicating this kind of arrogant entitlement goes unpunished all the time. I honestly think the CEO should face jail time. No expensive tribunal bull, just a criminal investigation with a sentence for theft.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Didn't take like for the elite cabal to arrive on this thread

How it can be justified is disgusting

It was also clearly pre arranged . Here listen when I have some leftover I will ring you guys asap

We really are a horrible country

The HSE apologised for the error on their part, yet you feel the Beacon CEO planned this? Weird the HSE taking the hit for the CEO, i wonder did the HSE go to Gerards too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭celt262

Indicating this kind of arrogant entitlement goes unpunished all the time. I honestly think the CEO should face jail time. No expensive tribunal bull, just a criminal investigation with a sentence for theft.

I doubt they are the only ones who have got it either there is a good chance he has looked after some of his buddies and relations as well before he moved down his list.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

celt262 wrote: »
    You would wonder did they think they could do this without word getting out and causing another storm.

Well judging by the last thread about the master of the coombe giving spare vaccines to his kids rather than the people on the waiting list, most posters saw no issue with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

LauraLynn just down the road . Assume they have all be vaccinated though

I mentioned fire/ambulance/Garda as they'd be 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Their choice either way. I certainly wouldn't be sharpening up a pike regardless. So much of the frustration and anger is down with vaccine supplies. If we were doing the 250K a week promised this wouldn't even rear its head.

Why is it their choice? Surely the vaccine is Ireland's to dispense according to a set of priorities. Not the choice of a private hospital to look after their friends...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Well judging by the last thread about the master of the coombe giving spare vaccines to his kids rather than the people on the waiting list, moat posters saw no issue with it.

There's an ongoing tribunal so there clearly is actually a problem giving your friends, associates and relatives vaccines over other people.

Not to mention the other doses they'll have to get.

Private schools should be free anyway. Level playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

The misguided outrage is strong with this one.

No outrage at all sadly, this event is all too predictable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Sounds lovely but i am not sure anyone can be charged for stealing things given to them.

Based on the info to date it would seem favoritism has resulted in a low tier group getting shots. Which is pretty sh1t, especially with many of us having elderly or at risk stuck at home.

Doubt we have any laws that can have any impact and with the number of shots the beacon will most likely give through the duration of this vaccination program probably not realistic for the Gov to do much about it.

We live in a country which has worked on who you know for years at all levels in society - not really a shock to see it raise its head here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I imagine if it was a public school, the outrage would be minimal

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No outrage at all sadly, this event is all too predictable
    TBH whether AZ will send us 160K doses over this next week is a far bigger concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Fair enough but the question stands. What actual laws allow this arrest you're demanding?

Misappropriation of state funds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

The HSE apologised for the error on their part, yet you feel the Beacon CEO planned this? Weird the HSE taking the hit for the CEO, i wonder did the HSE go to Gerards too?

Did I blame the HSE ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

It would never be a public school though

Treppen wrote: »
    Misappropriation of state funds
    The shots went into people and it's HSE guidelines in question, no laws. Judging by some comments here they are the last people in the world you'd want to vaccinate!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'd be sceptical of how leftover these leftovers were.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

TBH whether AZ will send us 160K doses over this next week is a far bigger concern.

What are you talking about. We can only deal with what we have now which is a very low supply . It puts much more emphasis of getting them into the arms of our most vulnerable. And private school teachers got vaccinated while our most vulnerable are still waiting

Its sick . You are looking at this from the wrong way .

Honestly the more you are replying the more these articles come to my head

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/twitter-finds-no-evidence-of-mass-effort-by-bots-to-influence-coronavirus-debate-in-ireland-39095284.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

If the Beacon CEO's kids happened to go to said public school I think the outrage would be as is and rightly so.

What are you talking about. We can only deal with what we have now which is a very low supply . It puts much more emphasis of getting them into the arms of our most vulnerable. And private school teachers got vaccinated while our most vulnerable are still waiting

Its sick . You are looking at this from the wrong way .
    160K extra shots means a lot more vulnerable people vaccinated quickly, so very much the right way to look at it.

• Advertisement

160K extra shots means a lot more vulnerable people vaccinated quickly, so very much the right way to look at it.

Obviously.

We have to work with what we have as the other poster said - with that in mind this is even more inappropriate.

Surely the issue isn’t private or public, it’s the fact that someone or some group had decided to send these vaccines to a school miles away when there were probably another 100 options to choose from.

It’s clearly an abuse of power, i have no issue at all teachers getting them but surely you just pick the closest school to the hospital, every vaccine counts and all that!

Jesus how are you not getting this . We dont have them . So every vaccine at the moment is hugely important to our most vulnerable

But they went to teachers of the CEOs kids

There is a school 300 metres away if teachers were their no 1 priority

They could walk down to a few schools and ask them to pop up with loads of time to spare

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Obviously.

We have to work with what we have as the other poster said - with that in mind this is even more inappropriate.
    It's a minor news story. It'll hit Claire Byrne and all the rest of talk radio, there'll be clarifications, explanations, apologies even and maybe an internal review. Meanwhile, we'll hopefully have got another 80K+ vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Still some yobs defending it I see. Some people would justify anything. Probably the same people who are in line to receive a vaccine from a similar episode to this. These are only the ones we know about too....

Absolutely disgusting news.

It's a minor news story. It'll hit Claire Byrne and all the rest of talk radio, there'll be clarifications, explanations, apologies even and maybe an internal review. Meanwhile, we'll hopefully have got another 80K+ vaccinated.

Yeah it’s one that has come to light... minor this, okay to leak that, just a little bit of private data of autistic kids, just a few young women with cancer.

Country is going down the ****ter and so are many of the citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭dubrov

It would be one foolish CEO to get involved with this just to get their kid's teachers vaccinated.

They wouldn't normally make these decisions so would need to have quite a few people involved to pull it off.

A lot to risk for little gain

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It's a minor news story.

Corruption is a non issue in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

No idea where my post went but...

I agree, insurance companies have siphoned an incalculable amount of money out of our pockets over the decades - money that should have gone into a robust universal healthcare system.

Maybe some day we'll be able to join the rest of the developed world and have ourselves a 20th century health service.

The insurance companies may get the large premiums but most of it is being paid back out to greedy private Consultants who are earning exorbitant amounts of money from the rotten system.

• Advertisement

Jesus how are you not getting this . We dont have them . So every vaccine at the moment is hugely important to our most vulnerable

There is a school 300 metres away if teachers were their no 1 priority

They could walk down to a few schools and ask them to pop up with loads of time to spare
    I saw a man cross the road against a red light this morning. Still haven't recovered from the outrage! Seriously though it's beyond my control and IMO a very isolated incident whatever way it turns out. We really haven't had any of this type of drama since February!

Advertisement