Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Lassykk's SURLAW - Lassykk got talent

Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭ lassykk

Hello,

And welcome to my second SURLAW - Lassykk got Talent.

I have a guilty pleasure and that's listening to the best musical auditions from the Got Talent iterations, the Voice, etc and over the years have been blown away by them. I will state now that I cannot abide reality TV so once the sob stories start I turn off the video so I've decided for this iteration I'm going to pick twenty of my favourite auditions for the voters to chose from.

Hopefully people will enjoy this as I didn't think just picking another 20 songs I love would be the best thing to do.

Shamefully copied:
    For the regulars who are familiar with Walrus, this is essentially the opposite, where the host picks the songs, and you lovely people in Forum Games rate them via PM.

Then the Reveal is very much like how the Eurovision results are done.

How It Will Work:
    -Below I've linked to a YouTube Playlist with the 20 Songs in contention - I cannot provide a Spotify version due to the nature of the list

-What you have to do, is just listen to them and figure out which 10 you like the best

-When you're ready Private Message a numbered list from 1-10 of your choices (with 1 being your favourite of the songs and 10 being your 10th favourite)

-First choices will earn 12 points, second 10 points, and third onwards 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points respectively (just like in Eurovision)

-Once I've closed sign ups and tallied up all the points, I'll do a reveal thread, going through how everyone ranked the songs and adding the points to the running total (again, just like Eurovision)

It probably sounds more complicated than it actually is. Basically, listen to the songs here and then PM (that's Private Message for anyone joining us here for the first time) me your 10 favourites numbered 1 to 10 with 1 being your favourite.

Please send me a list of 10 songs ; it won't work if people just pick 6 or 7 and then decide they don't want any of the rest, so even if you're not crazy about all 10 songs you choose, go for 10 anyway

Here's the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5vKTA4ntssJyH3Rq68yabYDPBJREtNHA

Sign ups will be open for at least a couple of weeks to allow the max number of entrants

Comments

Advertisement