Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Will people go completely off the rails when Covid is finally over?

• 23-03-2021 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ Cluedo Monopoly

I wonder when Covid restrictions end whether people will go off the rails for a few months with drinking, partying, gouging, riding and general rí rá agus ruaile buaile.

What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ brainboru1104

I wonder when Covid restrictions end whether people will go off the rails for a few months with drinking, partying, gouging, riding and general rí rá agus ruaile buaile.

What do ye think?

I'm counting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭ ratracer

Yes! The sooner the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭ Piollaire

Drinking yes. Riding not so much. Let myself go too much over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ darem93

I live for that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭ funnydoggy

Hopefully people go back to their pleasures. If that's going balls to the wall partying, so be it.

I can't wait to experience the beauty of humanity again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,686 ✭✭✭✭ punisher5112

I never want to be stuck up against some B/O encrusted other on public transport.... Ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ Aph2016

What do ye think?

Yes, yes we will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭ seenitall

Roaring twenties, baby! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭ suicide_circus

I'd say a lot of people will need to go back on the rails

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭ Normal One

Flask of tea and sambos in the park, cannot funkin wait.

• Advertisement

What will I do with my shebeen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭ JMNolan

Hard to say and might depend on the policies our government bring in. In the UK they're talking about a Covid decade' due to damage done by pandemic https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/23/uk-faces-covid-decade-due-to-damage-done-by-pandemic-says-report

• Registered Users Posts: 25,122 ✭✭✭✭ HeidiHeidi

You're assuming there will be a specific end date, and things will go back to 2019.

I think it'll be a gradual slide back to "normality" bit by bit, so there won't be any complete meltdown.

But once (if :rolleyes: ) travel is properly opened up, I'd say Ireland will float a few inches higher in the sea as the entire population decamps somewhere, anywhere....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

They will have to cordon off the town cause every street will be jammers when pubs open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ ShyMets

Personally I might treat myself to a sherry, but just a small one

Straight to the night club.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭ W123-80's

What do ye think?

I think the easing will be very gradual over a prolonged period, so there won't be a moment when we suddenly go back to 2019 lifestyles.
    I think when international travel starts again in earnest, most likely mid/late 2022, there will be a surge of people going abroad.
    I think in terms of pubs and clubs that will be very very gradual. We aren't gonna see packed pubs, sitting at the counter etc for a long time. Nightclubs will follow after this.
    I don't think people will have much opportunity to go off the rails for a few months, the continual easing of restrictions will look to maintain control.
    Same as most other countries tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭ whisky_galore

Clap for the HSE and I don't mean applause.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭ Chris_5339762

If it all was finished on one particular day, then yes, it would be absolute carnage. Given how slowly various lockdowns will end, it'll be much more gradual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭ jrosen

I wish I could. In reality whats most likely to happen is by the time I get back to work ill have zero annual leave entitlements, we will be rammed and the chances of getting one day off will be non existent. I also have some financial catching up to do. I would think there will be alot of people in my position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ Del Griffith

Advertisement