Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kia EV6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Thanks folks.

Anyone know much about wrapping a car? (I know nothing about it!)

If I was hellbent on red, how much would a wrap cost (ballpark) and is it much hassle to change the colour of the car officially etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've seen a blue and red in the last few days and the blue definitely suits the car better in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭eltoastero

I assume it's an Earth model given the Gravity Blue colour, I'd agree with the other posters here that there is zero certainty about the grant remaining come 2023, at which point your ordered Red EV6 becomes €5k more expensive, a worse dilemma to have.

I was originally in line for a Yacht Blue GT Line but when the dealer started giving me the run around I called 6 other dealers over the country and got a black GT Line (for Jan 2022 delivery, he had the chassis number and all assigned to him so it was a sure thing). I don't regret picking a less preferable colour in order to get the actual car I wanted (sure I don't see the colour from the inside.....).

The Gravity Blue is very nice imo, I think it goes with the black wheel arches of the Earth model better than the brighter colours (red, white, grey) - personal opinion but I think mismatched wheel arches make the EV6 look too SUV like (that's not for me, but it's what some want).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Also in an extreme case of hating the colour.

Then wrapping the car in a different colour might be an option.

Youd need to check with insurance before doing it but unless the new colour is something mad - its hard to see how it alters the insurance risk*.

*BUT do check with them

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cromelex

Gravity blue is fantastic, thats the colour we picked. I've seen red ones and the yacht blue on the streets and they just look a bit too... bright. The car design + colour makes it a bit too much.

The gravity blue is still a headturner, without being too showy.

• Advertisement

Wow that is a good looking car tbf. That's a cloudy day and it's still pinging.

Ok I'm in the process of being persuaded...

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

My wife also has Gravity Blue. She was hell bent on the grey colour and changed her mind immediately when she saw Gravity Blue in the showroom. The colour seems to change depending on the light, sometimes it almost appears black. And I definitely think Gravity Blue gives the car a lot of presence on the road. We are almost getting tired of strangers approaching us and asking about the car, I got caught recently in a car park - 20 minutes talking about the EV6 ....

Trigger pulled! Gravity blue it is.

Will be collecting next week.

Thanks to the boardsies for their opinions and photos. Definitely helped my decision!

Can't pheckin wait.

Collecting the new member of the family tomorrow!

I feel pretty lucky... Ordered early April and have it in time for September!

Anyone out there still waiting, I'd recommend regular check in phone calls with your dealer (or multiple dealers even) as that's why I reckon I'm getting mine now.

One more sleep!!!

perhaps it's Bray making it look sweet ;)

Joking aside, the Gravity Blue is great, excellent colour shift depending on the light

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

Was going for the red myself initially, but went with the gravity blue and delighted with it, too many red ones around. Gravity Blue very rare and stands out better. Had a couple of Americans taking photos of it at the weekend, they were seriously impressed with the car.

Gravity Blue EV6 joined us yesterday.

Spectacular car to drive.

For anyone interested, when I picked up the car yesterday I pushed the Kia guy on a thing or two.

He told me (having previously said that he didn't know... Twice!) that the last delivery of EV6s in Ireland were all gravity blue. I've seen 3 other 222 EV6s, all gravity blue.

He also said there was a shipment of sportages coming soon, and that they're all black.

I asked him about anyone looking for an EV6 now, what's the story. He said no availability.

Then I said if I knew someone with cash ready to go with no trade in, what would he say to them?

He told me that he could sell them a demo model with 6,000km on it for €54,500.

So if anyone out there really wants one of these, ring multiple dealers and don't accept the rehearsed response.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cromelex

The Kia EV6 Earth has the V2L adapter included. It's at the bottom of the bag with the charging cable, just in a separate bag!

Just saying it out loud in case someone did not notice - it's easy to miss! It's small enough that I don't think it's worth having a spare (as described in that post). And ultimately there's still the socket inside the car under the passengers seat in the back.

I haven't had much time to play around with the socket in the back seat (as I do most of the driving), but can it be used while the car is in motion?

I expect so, but the only time i tried it (white noise machine for the kids) it didn't work (I didn't attempt to mess with the V2L settings, just plugged it in and assumed it would work)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 shanoh

Dash cams

Anyone know if the lack of a rear wiper affects dash cam performance?

Also anyone have any recent reports on which ones suits the car best? Am looking at a Next base

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

I have the Nextbase 522GW installed. No issues with the rear camera. Works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

I've the 522GW as well. Didnt go for the 600 series as I read there are issues with over heating. Biggest issue with the 522GW is that it ransoming will have the blue screen on even though I've set it to have the screen off.

I actually bought the rear camera as well but the chasing out I'd have to do to his the cable seemed extreme.

If you're wiring it in I posted some pictures earlier of the jumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 shanoh

Thanks, very helpful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Ionity kill south indicates a charger free of charge to use... Xmas already

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

What prices are people getting quoted for annual service? Just got quoted €249 in Liffey Valley. Seems way over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Why annual, is the service interval not 24 months or 30,000 km?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Unless you're doing crazy mileage, i'd agree with NinjaTruncs, 2 years or 25k to 30k km before it goes to Kia.

And even then I think the only thing that should be replaced is the Cabin Air filter.

Tyres to be rotated every 12k km to 15k km or so, maybe? Brakes pads unlikely to need changing for many years.

Official EV6 Manual: https://ev6.synology.me/en/topics/chapter8_4.html

I'd love to hear what Liffey Valley are including in that service, if you don't mind sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭McHonda

For reference I gave VW €159 for service + €30 for pollen filter on my id3 which is 2 years old and 55000km on the clock. It was essentially a visual inspection, tyres wipers etc

. and a battery check which they couldn't share the results of. I thought I would have been in an ev6 before the service was due!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭ffocused

Service due every 15000kms/12 months & €250 sounds about right going by service plan costs. I doubt they do much though and it’s only required to keep dealers happy (and your warranty intact) Dealers will not want to sell a car with little to no recurring revenue.

Manual says normal maintenance for europe is every 30000km and everywhere else is every 15000km

They have said it would be ok to leave it until the 30,000km but they default set it to every 15,000km. From what I gather its a battery inspection and software upgrade if required. They also check the tires around and re-balance. I got my egolf service done for €120 so at double the price I think its expensive.

I might just drop it into them to get the service reminder reset to 30,000km and get the tries rotated at tyre shop.

Just checked my manual and you are right with 30k / 2 years, Kia really need to decide what proper service interval is for this car with so much conflicting information available.

The service reminder sticker on my windscreen says 12 months / 20k kms

I will probably drop into dealer for clarification too, also need to get steering wheel checked as a trim piece snapped on it leaving a jagged edge.

Same thing happened to my trim piece on the steering wheel. So need that checked also

• Advertisement

Did yours have a visible pinch point or something that looks like a dent on delivery?

Mine had one on left side beside buttons, which is exactly where it snapped.

Advertisement