Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown purchases you enjoy or regret

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Not sure if its a regret or not

NordicTrack S22i Exercise Bike arrived last week.

The cheapo rowing machine has now come and gone all within lockdown :o At least it was cheap. :) And at least it's gone :pac:

The ancient kettlebells (18, 24, inherited and assumed they'd always be too heavy for me), dumbbell set and weight vest I've half thought of getting rid of a gazillion times over the past 10 years all came into their own though. Worth the hassle of dragging then through various home moves 10 times over. As did the cheapo random Aldi gym and yoga mat purchases: they've actually got wear and tear on them now.

I have now come to hate hate hate home workouts but at least with weights you can jump in for just a few minutes, get some work done and then bounce on again quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

I got them on Gymless (Adverts):

https://www.adverts.ie/other/loop-resistance-band-handles-pair/8434991

I find them really useful....more so with the heavier bands. Especially things like rows, shrugs, OHP in particular. It's not that you can't just use your hand on the band but I just find it makes it a little less awkward...especially with the heavier bands that are a bit wider.

These have been a great buy, well worth €36 for anyone training with thick bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Bought a pair of adjustable dumbbells recently and they should be arriving in 3 weeks or so. Anyone have a recommendation for an adjustable bench?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Bought a pair of adjustable dumbbells recently and they should be arriving in 3 weeks or so. Anyone have a recommendation for an adjustable bench?

There is discussion of adjustable benches in a few recent threads. Depends on how much you want to spend, really, but my own preference is to make sure you get something with wheels on the bottom for easy movement around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Blacktie. wrote: »

I have the super bench from Iron Master. I mainly wanted it as it has a dip station attachment (and various other ones available)

I like it and its great for saving space but I find its a little too high and the seating position is a little weird (90 degree angle no matter the incline)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Didn't buy anything but in January we rented 15kg & 20kg olympic bars, plates, plyo box and dumbbells from gym.

It's a small gym, not a chain, and the rental fee and fee for online programming keeps them going and keeps me going on training.

I regret not getting milk mats / horse stall mats or whatever you call them as can never just feck the bar down for fear that the floors will be destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Down Dog Yoga and HIIT app on my tablet.

I find the HIIT sessions great for a change from my usual runs each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

bought a **** load of resistance tubes during the first lock down, was very skeptical about them at first but honestly feel im getting great work outs in with them, at worst, im at least maintaining most strength i had before the gyms closed, when the gyms opened during the summer last year my lifts were only down a small amount, was back lifting to pre lock down levels within 3 weeks, only thing i found them crap at was any sort of squat or dead style movements, but managed to get some dumbbells for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Bought a 10kg weighted vest when I go to do my chin-ups in the park. Not the greatest area in Dublin and no satisfactory way to carry it other than wear it. Have been stopped 2x by the police thinking I’m walking around in a bullet proof vest

Advertisement