Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No audio from sub

• 18-03-2021 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, I've got myself a 12 inch fli sub along with a 4-way jbl a6004 amplifier
    Head unit is a Sony wx800bt
    Car is an Opel Corsa C 2006 (If that matters)

I have the main power connected from the battery to the amp
    I've got the remote connected from my head unit to the amp
    I've got the 2 rca cables plugged into the sub output on the heat unit
    And then I've got the ground hooked up to a big solid bolt under my back seat

And now the plan is to use this amplifier only for the one subwoofer.
    I connected the rca cables from the head unit to the CH1 and CH2 rca ports on the amp
    And then i connected the 2 cables from the amp to the subwoofer in from CH1 (+ & -)

The amp turns on and off fine when the ignition is on and off, and my side door speakers work as always, but no sound comes out from the sub.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, the reason I'm not hooking any speakers to the amp is because I don't have enough wires to hook them up to the amp. This is also my first time setting up a subwoofer, I found a nice deal on the sub + amp and I couldn't say no to that

Any help appreciated, All parts are brand new, so they're unlikely to be faulty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

xNexeon wrote: »
    Hey, I've got myself a 12 inch fli sub along with a 4-way jbl a6004 amplifier
    Head unit is a Sony wx800bt
    Car is an Opel Corsa C 2006 (If that matters)

I have the main power connected from the battery to the amp
    I've got the remote connected from my head unit to the amp
    I've got the 2 rca cables plugged into the sub output on the heat unit
    And then I've got the ground hooked up to a big solid bolt under my back seat

And now the plan is to use this amplifier only for the one subwoofer.
    I connected the rca cables from the head unit to the CH1 and CH2 rca ports on the amp
    And then i connected the 2 cables from the amp to the subwoofer in from CH1 (+ & -)

The amp turns on and off fine when the ignition is on and off, and my side door speakers work as always, but no sound comes out from the sub.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, the reason I'm not hooking any speakers to the amp is because I don't have enough wires to hook them up to the amp. This is also my first time setting up a subwoofer, I found a nice deal on the sub + amp and I couldn't say no to that

Any help appreciated, All parts are brand new, so they're unlikely to be faulty

I've seen options on aftermarket radios before to turn on rca and the likes. Have you checked that in settings on the radio?

Advertisement