Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky tech issues and customer service

• 16-03-2021 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Absoloutly furious here after making 2 (long)calls to sky.

Got fibre about 3 weeks go and have had issues ever since. This evening was my 4th call to make about it. Wifi drops regularly, while speed is supposed to be high things arent that fast. We have sky q and there are issues with the mini box so fair they will send a new box , after we wait over 3 weeks. Today internet and TV went completely. Spent ages on the phone setting it back up. Thought things were sorted. Guy on the phone said he would send us a booster... for fibre broadband that's supposed to be super fast but no faster than internet we had before ( also with sky)

Then connection between sky boxes and broadband dropped again and continued to drop over and over so I called sky again . I came off that call shaking with temper. Basically the jist of the call was there seems to be an issue, I see you have someone calling next week with your mini box and they can fix it then! I said I'm not waiting a week for a proper service. This issue is going on weeks with one thing or another. I was told sorry nothing I can do. I wasnt accepting this and wanted to speak to a manager. I was told managers dont take calls! And ...... he then said the manager would say the same thing as him!! I said no way I need to speak to someone. He said again managers dont take calls. I said I need to complain. I need to speak to someone! He told me he would log it and I would hear from someone in up to 5 days!

Is he for real. I have issues with a product for weeks and he cant pass that to a manager to give a call. Managers don't speak to the public!

I then said I havent had a proper service here and now you're telling me my sky box doesnt work and cant be fixed for a week and theres nothing you can do i just put up with it? I said surely there is some sort of discount you can give me? He said I'm not able to offer you anything! I said so right I've to input up with a bad service, no one will hear my complaint and you cant offer me anything?? In the wind I had to just hang up.

Just to note these complaints arent something I do often. I came off the phone very upset. Has anyone dealt with issues like this? I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

HI,
    what phone number are you using? I can't even manage to speak to a human being; all they will do is text me their support web address!
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

I just kept answering no when they were asking if this was everything. When they would give the list of issues I would just say want to talk to someone. I assume they just couldn't understand what I wanted and it put me through to someone

Also an update to above- seems the brand new modum was faulty

Also the engineer that came out is local to me... as in 5 mins away!

Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭beer enigma

GAAcailin wrote: »
    HI,
    what phone number are you using? I can't even manage to speak to a human being; all they will do is text me their support web address!
    thanks

I always engage with them on Facebook Messenger, they tend to pick up the conversation within 10 mins and stay on until resolution - just search sky Ireland on messenger

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If I had got it in 3 weeks ago and it was giving me that amount of problems, I'd tell them to take it away as it's not doing what I paid for and I'll go to another provider.
    If they then started kicking up saying it's outside the 14 day cooling off period, I'd say I'll be contacting Comreg/Joe Duffy on Monday and see what they say then.
    If you are paying for a service and then aren't/can't supply what you are paying for, it's game over imo.

Advertisement