Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What instruments are used in this piece of music?

• 15-03-2021 10:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭

So I heard a very lovely piece of music (only 30 seconds long) back in 2013 on CNN International in an advert for the European Patent Office. Then found out that BBC World News also uses it in one of their breakbumpers/breakfillers.

CNN International - European Inventor Award 2013

BBC News - Breakbumper

Anyone know? Also where would I be able to find it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I may be missing something obvious here but most of that sounds like an electric guitar to me, or something trying to digitally replicate the sound of an electric guitar.

I'm probably not the best person to answer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Guitar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

guitar(fender strat) with delay /echo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

To me it sounds like a bit of library music that is heavily indebted to the sound of The XX which would have been quite in vogue ~10 years ago.

(not saying that The XX pioneered using an electric guitar with some delay but I do think they would be very zeitgeist-y at the time and this track reminded me of them straight away)

Advertisement