Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap Prime video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Rega wrote: »
    If you already have a prime account on your firestick do you have to deregister that one before you log in with your new prime account?

See post #75

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Can someone post the link for this please(the YouTube method) .. I cannot locate it.. Thanks.

Also.. Can someone explain to me why you would sign up for Prime India for E11 when amazon.co.uk prime has prime delivery and prime video included for much the same price? I have prime video and am curious what the difference would be. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

247music wrote: »
    Also.. Can someone explain to me why you would sign up for Prime India for E11 when amazon.co.uk prime has prime delivery and prime video included for much the same price? I have prime video and am curious what the difference would be. Thanks.

If someone doesn't want to pay for UK prime they can use India/Turkey for cheap TV/movies. Also it is very easy to switch regions to get more content.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

That 999 Rupees (€11) is per year.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G34EUPKVMYFW8N2U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Done this yesterday and was able to watch a show last night. My only concern is there is nothing showing yet on my revolut, is this because of the one month free first?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Done this yesterday and was able to watch a show last night. My only concern is there is nothing showing yet on my revolut, is this because of the one month free first?

Yes that is exactly why.

Has anyone had any joy in using a card for prime india?

Can someone post the link for this please(the YouTube method) .. I cannot locate it.. Thanks.

Sorry i don't understand this request, do you want to sign up to youtube or prime video?
    If the later, you just need to go to the amazon website you're signing up to, no need for VPNs on this.

timetogo1 wrote:
    That 999 Rupees (€11) is per year.

Aaah.. That makes sense alright.. Sorry I was of the thinking it was E11 a month.. Wow, that's a nice saving.. Pity it doesn't cover prime delivery from UK..[/quote]

Sorey i don't understand this reuqest, do you want to sign up to youtube or prime video? If the later, you just need to go to the amazon website you're signing up to, no need for VPNs on this.

Apologies.. I had meant to quote your OP.. You mentioned using a method to get cheap youtube premium.. I can't find that thread on boards.[/quote]

• Advertisement

Here you go

Spot on.. Thank you.. Signed up for YouTube premium family last night.. Then Tidal.. I already have a Spotify family sub for the last new years. But had a look last night at signing up in Argentina for the same and it works out about E2 or so.. Has anyone done this already and is there any pitfalls that differ from netflix/YouTube subs etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Has anyone managed to get the US library working with any VPN? I can only get the Canadian one with surfshark, which has a great collection but wondering if any other regions are possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Kolido wrote:
    Has anyone managed to get the US library working with any VPN? I can only get the Canadian one with surfshark, which has a great collection but wondering if any other regions are possible.

Expressvpn will get you us prime video but you need a US prime subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

is it possible to have getflix on a smart tv?... ive not used it before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

jobless wrote: »

https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/categories/200014514-Device-Setup

The above link has some support for smart tvs but more than likely you would need to configure your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

jobless wrote: »

Once you're signed up to getflix, it's a simple process to change your dns settings on an LG TV

jobless wrote:

It depends on the tv. It's not possible to change the dns on my Sony TV. In the end I changed the dns of my router. This means everything using the router or WiFi is going through Getflix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

How do you access amazon prime india?

I tried using a VPN but it needs a mobile phone to register. My mobile phone is already used on a different amazon account so I cant use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

So Spotify have just bumped up their Monthly subscription for family plans
    Thinking of jumping ship to Indian Prime, does anyone know if you can have multiple users on Amazon Music via Indian prime account?

Looks like gift cards are the only option at the moment, might give curve card a try too.

sibersha wrote:
    So Spotify have just bumped up their Monthly subscription for family plans Thinking of jumping ship to Indian Prime, does anyone know if you can have multiple users on Amazon Music via Indian prime account?

I'd recommend YouTube premium or Tidal.. Both can be got in family subscription for pennies using turkey or Argentina with a Vpn..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I tried using a VPN but it needs a mobile phone to register. My mobile phone is already used on a different amazon account so I cant use that.
    Go with Turkey instead. You don't need a phone number.

I'd recommend YouTube premium or Tidal.. Both can be got in family subscription for pennies using turkey or Argentina with a Vpn..

Thanks but the family love Alexa so I was hoping to get Amazon music, and I can also use it for my Garmin watch

No VPN needed. Register an account in amazon.co.uk, for example and then sign in in amazon.in.
    As i mentioned, i could only get prime working by buying a gift card

sibersha wrote: »
    Thanks but the family love Alexa so I was hoping to get Amazon music, and I can also use it for my Garmin watch

Tidal has an Alexa skill, not sure how good it is though.
    I'm not really sure how to set up a family in amazon, i only shared the login details with other people for video access. The music i keep for myself.

Edit:
    After a bit of research, family settings are only available in amazon music unlimited and that service is not available in India.

Tidal has an Alexa skill, not sure how good it is though.
    I'm not really sure how to set up a family in amazon, i only shared the login details with other peoe for video access. The music i keep for myself.

Edit:
    After a bit of research, family settings are only available in amazon music unlimited and that service is not available in India.

Thanks for the info, sure I might give tidal a go

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It depends on the tv. It's not possible to change the dns on my Sony TV. In the end I changed the dns of my router. This means everything using the router or WiFi is going through Getflix

Ive two Sony TV's here, I can change the DNS on both of them.

Aquos76 wrote:
    Ive two Sony TV's here, I can change the DNS on both of them.

Not on mine. Locked to 8.8.8.8 or something like that

For those interested. Amazon brasil have prime with amazon music inbluded it works out at around 13 euros per year.
    You'll need a CPF number, i used this website to generate one and a brasillian address:

https://www.fakenamegenerator.com/gen-random-br-br.php

Just as an additional nice to have, music unlimited is available in Brasil, i didn't test it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Thanks OP - very easy to set up, I put in the Irish Embassy as the address and didn't need to enter a phone number!

• Advertisement

For those interested. Amazon brasil have prime with amazon music inbluded it works out at around 13 euros per year.
    You'll need a CPF number, i used this website to generate one and a brasillian address:

https://www.fakenamegenerator.com/gen-random-br-br.php

Just as an additional nice to have, music unlimited is available in Brasil, i didn't test it though

Thanks. But I cannot get it to accept any of my cards, tried 3 revolut cards, AIB and curve card without joy. I tried with both VPN on and off. Can't see any options to buy Amazon Brazil gift cards either. There is a message that the are temporarily not accepting debit cards so maybe that is the reason. I will try again in a couple of days.

Advertisement