Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

€1500 Espresso machine budget

Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ dmigsy

I'm half blind looking at machines, features and reviews. Would appreciate input from the gurus on here.

What I have:
    • Gaggia Classic - bought new in 2015 and used daily since.
    • Mazzer Super Jolly grinder - Got a great deal on it in 2017 and I expect it to keep on trucking for many years. It replaced a Sage Smart Grinder Pro which broke down after 2 years and is an unrepairable piece of junk. I won't buy another Sage / Breville product.
    Usage:
    • It's rare that I'd need to make more than a couple of coffees at once.
    • I want to make more flat whites and cappuccinos. The Gaggia is weak at steaming.
    • I'm not a tinkerer, want something relatively straightforward that I can get repeatable results with once dialled in. I'm boringly consistent in my coffee preferences. eg I've probably been drinking 3FE momentum blend for about a year.
    Current favourites:
    The Profitec Pro 300 and Rancilio Silvia Pro are the main two I'm looking at. Both have PID, dualboiler and should be durable, serviceable and long-lasting machines. Any other machines that I should seriously consider? For my usage should I spend less and blow my money elsewhere?

Comments

Advertisement