Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN Recommendations

• 01-03-2021 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm considering signing up to a VPN service. I'm strongly skewed in favour of Express VPN, as they seem to have good deals at the moment.

By way of context, I'm mainly using the VPN for gaming purposes.

1. Is it possible to change your VPN server over time, especially if you want to change your IP address?

2. Does it work equally well with a Mac (iOs)?

3. Any recommendations other than Express VPN?

Thanks again
    notwhoyouthink

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Hi all,
    I'm considering signing up to a VPN service. I'm strongly skewed in favour of Express VPN, as they seem to have good deals at the moment.

By way of context, I'm mainly using the VPN for gaming purposes.

1. Is it possible to change your VPN server over time, especially if you want to change your IP address?

2. Does it work equally well with a Mac (iOs)?

3. Any recommendations other than Express VPN?

Thanks again
    notwhoyouthink

Why VPN for gaming, is this the thing of putting you location in rural locations for easy lobbies? Ive a feeling they'll be clamping down on that

any VPN will hit your ping

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ParkerLV

Sorry, can't help you. I never used OpenVPN. I usually use Express VPN, but only to protect my data. I also came across with the https://www.firesticktricks.com/why-use-vpn.html article and consider using it with my firestick.

Post edited by ParkerLV on

Advertisement