Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The two Johnnies.....?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,136 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Can someone explain what Buff Egan does, or what hes known for? Im aware of Rory and the Two Johnnys. Ive seen a couple of outraged retweets of Buffs stuff, but Ive never heard of him outside of that

Buff is a farmer I think in “real life”

He goes on Snapchat etc commentating on mainly hurling but sometimes Football gaa matches

He has a number of catchphrases he uses in rotation.

“Drink it in man” “capiche” “hail hail” “shucky ducky quack quack”. Stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Ya I know, but if I paid 6quid for every podcast I listen to I be homeless :pac:

6 quid for 1 month so 4 podcasts and the odd live stream along with another few bits

But we get the joke you're aiming for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The 2 used johnnies.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,020 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

6 quid for 1 month so 4 podcasts and the odd live stream along with another few bits

But we get the joke you're aiming for

It's no joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Greenlights16

The 2 used johnnies.

Honestly, how did this warrant a yellow card?

Ostracism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

benji79 wrote: »
    No it’s €6 for the month

what's average number of monthly subs you saw?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Rosita

Honestly, how did this warrant a yellow card?
    /QUOTE]

It's fairly obvious to me why it'd warrant a yellow card - gratuitous insult just for the sake of it. Not even hidden subtly in the middle of a broader post.

I'd be more wondering why the post was deemed worthy of a yellow card but not worthy of being deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭benji79

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    what's average number of monthly subs you saw?

Think it was around the 650 mark at last live one for Valentines night so that’s close to €4,000 a month at that rate. I presume the numbers signed up fluctuates but it seems to be on the rise every time. Plus they’ve a few ads on it too
    Nice cash added to everything else they do

• Registered Users Posts: 34,020 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fair play to them. While I might think it's nuts got to hand it to them seeing a opportunity like that

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

The 2 Johnny's are a fairly dry pair, try to hard and push the culchie vibe too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭dohboy

Anyone ever sat near Buff Egan at a match? Does he commentate into his phone for the whole game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

dohboy wrote: »
    Anyone ever sat near Buff Egan at a match? Does he commentate into his phone for the whole game?
    i have once, a torturous experience, spends half the game on his phone not even watching the game, a random teenage fan helped him with identifying players etc. After that i made sure not be stuck sitting near him again, in fairness to him he provides great coverage of random club games over the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Not sure why there is a thread on these lads in the GAA section- yeah they play GAA but so does Danny from the coronas and we don’t have a thread on them.

Regarding the 2 lads- I gave them a listen at the start but it’s lazy, rehashed, “aren’t we mad craic” oul sh*te- it’s been done many a time and I guess their main followers are younger people who haven’t heard these jokes already but they’ve been done.

Aren’t Irish people mad, jeez we love the pints, there are some characters at rural GAA clubs, Marty morrisey, someone left the immersion on and they are going to get the wooden spoon.
    That’s essentially every joke in their career summed up so need to listen now

Not sure why there is a thread on these lads in the GAA section- yeah they play GAA but so does Danny from the coronas and we don’t have a thread on them.

The Coronas don't make GAA a central part of their USP tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭LilacNails

The 2 Johnny's are a fairly dry pair, try to hard and push the culchie vibe too much.

Dry?

U clearly have not LISTENED to their podcasts. Or else ur a blown in townie into the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I use follow him, but he would get so caught up with whoever was taking the piss out of him or disagreed with him.... It became uncomfortable!

People deliberately provoke him it's actually sad, he really needs to come off SM for his own mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

The Coronas don't make GAA a central part of their USP tbf.

USP? They don’t have a USP, they are the most recent in a long line to rehash oul GAA stereotypes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Regarding the 2 lads- I gave them a listen at the start but it’s lazy, rehashed, “aren’t we mad craic” oul sh*te- it’s been done many a time and I guess their main followers are younger people who haven’t heard these jokes already but they’ve been done.

Aren’t Irish people mad, jeez we love the pints, there are some characters at rural GAA clubs, Marty morrisey, someone left the immersion on and they are going to get the wooden spoon.
    That’s essentially every joke in their career summed up so need to listen now

That sums them up perfectly.I gave them a listen for a while but it's poor stuff.Dad/lowest common denominator jokes.

Fair play to them if they are making a living from it but the well will run dry before long .What's the best they can hope for in the long term or so they have a long term plan?

Someone will come along and use Buff's mo and make some money.
    Just leave out the political stuff/rants and there will be a handy few quid out of it for a while.
    A YouTube channel along with Insta/Twitter done right could have made Buff a living or gotten him some more gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,136 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Was at a match where he was about 2 rows in front in the stand

Yes he commentates throughout the match. He records it all live and makes the comments then uploads them there and then. He is non stop.

I noticed he had a spare phone and a portable battery charger on the go. Comes prepared!

USP? They don’t have a USP, they are the most recent in a long line to rehash oul GAA stereotypes

Agreed, probably should have put USP in quote marks. Still, they are a valid topic for a GAA board, which is my point. I don't find them too annoying tbh. I wouldn't listen to their podcasts, nor do I find them funny. But, live performances aside, they can shoot the breeze which seems enough of a talent to satisfy folk these days.

Regards Buff, he clearly loves hurling but it's a bit performative going off to watch Armagh intermediate finals etc, to prove it. And his Ra head stuff is pure backward.

Rory is plain terrible, and his mental health stuff is a complete grift. But in saying that I I find some of his skits just so terrible, they are funny. A kind of anti-humour. I have a curious fascination about seeing his live show which I have no doubt is unbelievably bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭StevenToast

....are unfunny.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mod Note

Just a gentle reminder there is a specific thread for discussion of all things Buff Egan.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103907667

Advertisement